Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Update after Xanadu's first week.

I haven't blogged since Xanadu opened, so I'm overdue for an update. Not much, really. 

So apparently I was still part of the roster of ushers, and I found out about it at the last minute, so I didn't get to go to the DTR last Wednesday. I started ushering duties along with most on Thursday, and it turned out that one of the extra tasks for ushers in the orchestra section was to distribute glow sticks to the people sitting in the first few rows of the orchestra.

It was actually easier during opening show the following night, because everyone in the orchestra got to have glow sticks. So when they people started waving their lights around, the theater looked like a party! Woohoo! Anyway, we wouldn't be distributing any more glow sticks anymore, due to budget (hey, that's a lot of glow sticks), so we'll be distributing the glow sticks again on closing night.

Script analysis class resumed last Friday after being postponed for a couple of weeks because half the AC were in Banaag at Sikat. Before the class started inside LT dressing room 105 (as there were rehearsals for American Hwangap in the Conference Room), most of us were racking our brains for the assignment Sir Dennis gave us last time. But we ended up discussing certain plays that were recently shown, plus Vox Populi, after we had watched it in class the last time there was a session. Anyway, it was the first time I attended the class with everyone all there, so I basically just clammed up and let them do all the talking. Intimidation because the members were there, ahahaha.

Just a thought. How long can I keep a secret between me and a friend, and even some that I've been keeping from said friend? Arg.

Hung out with Gino in Makati yesterday after work. As it turned out, he really does go there during free days to study because he claims that his house wasn't really conducive to studying, ahaha. So we ended up in Starbucks 6750, talking the hours away, sometimes letting him read his scripts while I poked around with some of them as well.

I wonder what this week will bring.

4 comments:

  1. i liked the sunday night run. i like how there was complete silence when felix entered before starting the show and everyone was just settled, watching. ganda!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday night was the best nga. Hindi pasaway ang audience. Only one cellphone user and almost no latecomers. I love it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was sooooo nice to see you there hogikins! :-) i loved the play, i thought about buying tickets for my aunts but they're both swamped. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great seeing you too, Chieboy! Glad you had fun! =)

    ReplyDelete