Thursday, May 3, 2007

rehearsals during Labor day

Last Monday, I had tentative plans after work, so I went directly to Landmark to shop for a top for our recital. Hahaha, I almost easily found what I was looking for. Then I suddenly got a text from Mimay, who was actually on her way to Makati to meet with some friends. We decided to meet up first and have dinner, then we met up with Leo, KZ and Bebs at Starbucks. Hahaha, I even got a sneak peak of this film (the rest stayed to watch the whole thing while I had to go home) on Bebs' laptop.


Tuesday was Labor Day, so I didn't have to get up early to go to work. Sir Roeder took this as an advantage to get more time to rehearse, so our call time was at 1 in the afternoon. As it turned out, Minette wasn't informed of the early schedule, so where did we end up rehearsing? By the CCP fountain outside the entrance nearest the conference hall, hahaha! Dust and dirt kept flying all over the place. Anyway, we used that time to focus more on our lines. Holy kamote, Sir Roeder had said the very same thing that Miss Tess had quipped last year. Masyado daw akong mabait. Rawr...


We wrapped up that afternoon's rehearsal at around 4 and decided to resume at 6 inside the conference hall. Most of us then trooped to Tapa King to eat and talk and joke around. I can never get over Cindy's "buses," in the harbor, wahahahaha.


When we started class, we then worked on the choreography.  Hahaha, my homework before that day was that darn entrance in "Syotang Pa-class". Well, I think I've got it, but it still needs a little work, ahehehe. Same goes for my lines after that song, which we kept doing over and over that afternoon. Rawr. Anyway, after the choreography, the pianist arrived (and I still can't remember what his name is, sorry!) and we started rehearsing the songs with him. After rehearsing each one, we had to record them as well on tape.


We had a visitor in class last night. Chester! Hahaha! He, along with Sir Roeder and Sir Nazer joined Gino, Allein, Paul and I for dinner (wherelse but Tapa King?). Lots of catching up, stories and even a little bashing with the teachers, hahaha.


Music rehearsals again this evening, rehearsing the songs we didn't cover the day before because we still didn't have the chords to them yet. Another round of recording, this time using Cindy's laptop. Hahaha, suddenly we heard Sir Roeder fooling around with the lyrics of a couple of songs. Then when someone brought up "Syotang Pa-class," someone quipped "syotang bakla," referring to RJ, who's the one who sings the original version of the song in the play. Hahaha, I couldn't help it, I just had to say, "'Syotang Bakla.' Eh di ako na ang kakanta nun, hahahaha!"


We're going to attempt to do a full run-through tomorrow. Wheee.


My oh my oh my. The recital's just a few days away. Santa banana.

4 comments:

  1. kumusta ang Tapa King, Tapa Prince at Tapa Queen leche puro tapa mag bangus naman kayooo :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited na ko!!!!

    Tin, oo nga! Bakit peborit nila ang Tapa King?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, wala lang, ewan ko ba kung bakit nga dun kami napapadpad. Nasanay na since first nakita na closed ang Mang Inasal eh. =P

    ReplyDelete