Saturday, July 12, 2008

Brief update after Labfest.

Haven't blogged much lately, even about Labfest, specially since it had closed last Sunday.

After the first week of Labfest, I returned to school mode for a bit then returned the following weekend for our 2 remaining shows. Of course, I made sure to watch all the plays during the first week so I don't have to contend with paying audiences on the 2nd week. I was also working on our post-production requirements as well, so I can just submit everything that was needed for the production book after all shows closed.

Didn't even get to go to the Labfest cast party at Penguin. My legs were ready to give way, so after watching Pamantasang Hirang's final show during the evening, I headed straight home to my bed. Spent the following couple of days finalizing my production book (goodbye, yucky jar of "umbilical cords"), and Tartuffe mode began as well.

After Tartuffe rehearsals this afternoon (where I didn't really do much because Jojo had focused more on the scenes with Dorine, Valere and Mariane; only came because there was free lunch, haha), Lara, Toby and I headed to CCP to watch Baby Angelo, an entry in this year's Cinemalaya. Apparently, Lara was in it, so we were dying to see it before she gets to show it to her family and boyfriend tomorrow, hahaha! Holy kamote, it was only the 2nd day and lines at the box office windows were already long. I was already regretting that I missed the opening yesterday. Anyway, thanks to being a student again, I took advantage of the 50% discount to a ticket to Baby Angelo, and also bought a ticket to tomorrow night's Hubad. I didn't really get to watch its premiere a couple of months ago at the Dream Theater because of Nemesis.

Baby Angelo... Hmmm... interesting plot, and those 1-F girls (Lara included, hahaha!) gave quite a comic relief for us, hehe. When it came to the conclusion of who owned that baby fetus, it wasn't implied as much and turned out sort of anti-climatic. Or maybe I wasn't too focused on that? Maybe, maybe not.

Sunday tomorrow, yay. A good day, I hope. I'm beginning to enjoy Sundays as much as Tuxqs does, hahaha. Minus the driving, of course, and even though CCP will still have tons of people milling about.

6 comments:

  1. Hay, Virgin Labfest... otherwise known as the Virgin Gayfest. But hey, that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. puro gays ba? oh my! anyway, wondering why the TP website has not been updated. What are the shows for the season? How come it seems many people left the company?

    ReplyDelete
  3. P100 (regular) & P50 (student). =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! You probably just saw the set with all the gays. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No naman. There was one set that had a gay theme kasi. I forgot the lineup of this upcoming season of TP, but their first production is Golden Child.

    ReplyDelete