Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sick. But still updating.

I had a feeling that I was going to be sick last Friday, that I was afraid of acting cranky during class and rehearsals. Thank goodness my sore throat only evolved into cold when I got home. But when I tried to sleep, I suddenly developed a cough, arg.

In class yesterday morning, I wasn't really feeling up to doing anything, so I was really glad we didn't break into groups for any discussion whatsoever. I was feeling really sick by the time I got to rehearsal at noon, and I really felt that I was also having a fever. But because we were told that we had to be there that day to be measured for costumes, I figured I'd stay a while, get measured, then ask if I could go home and get some rest. After a quick lunch so I could take the medicine I brought with me, I literally fell asleep on the floor while waiting for everything to start.

When I woke up, most of the cast were already there, and Jojo and Joey were reading lines with our two Valeres, Darwin and Toby. I was still lying on the floor, listened to them for a few minutes before I finally stood up. Because I finally got some rest, even though I was still feeling lightheaded, I decided to help Jojo with Toby's lines. Afterwards, we ran through the first two acts and blocked the scenes that wasn't blocked yet. It was 5 in the afternoon when we reached the beginning of the 4th act, and I had noticed that there was no sign of anyone who will measure the actors for costumes. When Jojo was about to start the 2nd scene of Act 4, that's when I asked when we will be measured for the costumes. She stopped and looked at me, and that's when we all found out that Cam didn't text us the night before that the one who will measure us wouldn't be coming in that day. Arg. That was the prime reason I came to the rehearsal even though I was sick and was already having chills.

I thought our thesis had screw-ups. But I guess there are most groups that still have these. No offense.

So after a quick goodbye, I headed out the door and caught the first bus I saw. Went straight to bed and woke up to catch Eksena Manila on Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho.

Okay, so I was amused that Eksena Manila got their fifteen minutes of fame (and gave publicity to our site and forum). The shot of the senior members running inside the MRT was classic, haha. But I felt a little off after they had shown a bit of me when I had said that I got to use part of my acting skills for the slow-mo mission. They then showed some psych expert claiming that these people were frustrated actors, "kulang sa pansin" and "sira ulo". Why did they have to say that? I consider myself an actor. Heck, everyone's an actor in their own right. Just because they got a full interview with Pao who had admitted that he did plays in grade school/high school doesn't mean he's a frustrated actor, and we're all the same as well.

Oh well, to each his own.

Still wasn't feeling well today, so the ticket I bought in advance to a film in Cinemalaya that was to be shown today had gone to waste. Tad came for a visit, though, so that made up for it, yay. Thanks, lovey!

11 comments:

  1. Bow.

    Everybody has sore throat or flu nowadays. Gosh. Sweet naman ni Tad eh di gumaling ka na niyan. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, totoo naman diba? Kung magaling kang magsinungaling, you can be an actor.

    Hehe, yung bisita was a good reason to get out of bed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ayyy.... sayang we missed you sa Cinemalaya. I was with my sister Me-Ann then we met up with Carlo..Nagkita din kami ni Nar... (hindi kumpleto ang BFF's).

    pagaling ka..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salamat, Dyown.
    Di na nakayanan ng powers ko pumunta kung saan eh. Kaloka. Sayang yung ticket na binili ko for today. Oh well, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so true :)

    as they say, "walang pakialamanan"

    get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Teena!
    Hahaha, and korek ka diyan. Like what the (late) great Bibot Amador once said in a TV interview 8 years ago (at binilang ko talaga eh), "Actors are willing to make fools of themselves."

    Diba nga, I'm the only one who can embarass myself. Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete