Monday, July 14, 2008

Watching Hubad at Cinemalaya.

Spent this evening in CCP for the premiere of Hubad at Cinemalaya. Tad went with me to CCP after our afternoon out, but because he had already seen the film's very first premiere (the rough cut, I think) a couple of months ago, he let me watch it while he had to photocopy a script in the TP office for their acting class.

Found Peachy and Robbie in the lobby. As it turned out, there were a whole bunch of them who came to watch Rob in the film, hahaha! With those two were Sundee, Anna, Santi, Jonjon, Francis, Carlos, Stefan, Bench, and Harold. Oh, and Noel was also there, someone I haven't seen since he was shipped off to Hongkong Disney ages ago, hahaha. Joined them and we found a row and a half for us right smack in the middle of the theater.

I liked how the film also integrated video clips from the actual play, when it was shown for Virgin Labfest 2 back in 2006. I really enjoyed watching all these actors I admire in this one film (yes, including you, Rob, hahaha!). Several familiar venues were used, from Batute theater, MKP (the Jade Emperor headpiece had a cameo, haha!) and LT backstage, Jorhe's gorgeous pad (chandelier included), and of course, Penguin cafe. My favorite part was the montage of the 2 couples on the mattresses. Props to Ms. Denisa on that one. When we heard the conversation about talents of Hongkong Disneyland being associated with prostitutes, our entire group cracked up, referring to Noel, hahaha!

Chaos sort of ensued at the lobby after the show. Haha, I'm exaggerating. It was the regular Cinemalaya crowd that occurs in between film screenings. I honestly loathe crowds, but today, I guess I didn't really mind much. Found Bart in the lobby, and he mentioned that he owes us a cast party of our own. Yahoo, a pending Las Mentiras cast party! Hopefully before Tuxqs leaves for New Zealand, please.

When I found Peachy again in the crowd, she was looking for Rob so she can take a photo of him with Peque Gallaga. Of course, because this is the Peque Gallaga, I couldn't help but follow, and once Rob had their photo taken, I immediately requested for a photo with the big guy. Hahaha, pathetic starstruck moment. Thanks for the photo op!

Off to Rai-Rai Ken for dinner, where everyone went on talking about the film, raving mostly about Mr. Koh (Rob's character in the film), HAHAHA!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, bilis a! Documented agad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, slight lang. =) Sorry I didn't get to join you guys na for coffee. Had to go home na eh. =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. alam ko mapapanood ko pa ito ulit. basta. kaya nagspend time na muna ako sa pamilya ko. worth it naman. hehehe. see you hogi. sorry biglang hindi na ako pumunta. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naks naman, quality time with family. Basta, kitakits around CCP! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm... Parang gusto ko ring panoorin... Sadly, I got sooo much time I don't know how to spend it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. wah.wala pa kaming Cinemalaya date ni jay.:| hanggang kelan cinemalaya screenings?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ang Cinemalaya? Go lang! Til next week pa siya. Pero ang Hubad, yesterday lang yata ang screening niya eh. =(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sayang nga. Hahaha, si Carlo nga nakalimutan eh! At tama nga ako, kung mag-blink ka, di ako makikita.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Til Sunday, July 20. Go na! Grabeh, parang palengke nanaman ang CCP sa dami ng tao, haha.

    ReplyDelete