Friday, July 25, 2008

Of popular live shows... and yes, more randomness.

I remember way back in 2001, when Miss Saigon came to Manila, I declined all offers of watching the production. OK, so you may ask, why would I do that? Hahaha, it was in silent protest because it had seemed that the masses wanted to watch the show just for Lea. So yes, I was also a fan back then, but how about we give credit to all the other Filipinos in the show? Oh well, hahaha. Even with that, I got to go backstage with my STAGCRI class and saw how everything was put together, sans the cast. I think I even left a fingerprint on that pretty pink Cadillac, ahehe.

So whenever people keep ask me if I was planning to watch Cinderella, I reply with a brief no. Because I wasn't really counting on watching.

But, as it had turned out, I guess I'll still be watching anyway, hahaha!


========================================


In line with this, I can't help but mention the entire Eraserheads reunion craze.

I was a fan of this group because my brother was a fan. We both grew up listening to the same kind of music. Whatever he listened to, I listened to it as well. When our cousin got a video camera and my brother learned how to play the guitar, they made home music videos using the songs of the Eraserheads. I was their groupie. But when the band had a concert near our place, only my brother got to go because I was still too young.

So I do believe that it's appropriate that I should be at the reunion concert, since my brother won't be able to go, HAHAHA!


========================================


And then there's how some stuff become way overrated once it reaches mainstream, or whatever you call it.

Remember the times when Rent was truly appreciated? Hahaha, when it became a film, everyone wanted to be "Rentheads," quoting stuff like "No day but today" until it got totally worn out.

It also happened with Dreamgirls. Haha, I've been listening to Dreamgirls since I worked on a production on it 5 years ago. When the movie came out, everyone started listening to several renditions of "And I'm Telling You."

Hahaha. Oh well.


========================================


Haven't gotten around to posting these particular snippets.

From Labfest:

"May blocking ba yung mga stage readings?"
"Depende sa doktor."

Uhm, gutom pa yata si Opa when she answered that, hahaha.


In the elevator, 2 girls were talking. One was thinking of running for student council. One of the girls said, "Think about it, if you do something good for them, will they do something good for you?"

Uhm, isn't that a little selfish?


========================================


The crochet project I started last May lay forgotten when I started juggling with school and Virgin Labfest. I only got to pick it up again last week. Well, I'm almost finished with it,yay. By tomorrow morning, it's going to be done. It took 5 balls of blue and black yarn and calloused fingers, hahaha. But it's worth it. It's supposed to be a present for Tad a couple of months ago, but I guess I put it off for a while.

But as I look at it now, I wish I wrote down the pattern (even though I really hardly follow patterns) for the first 9-12 rounds. Because I want to make another one, this time for myself, hahaha!

9 comments:

  1. hate ko rin pag ang mga gusto ko ay nagiging parte na ng mainstream. hmf. bummer. pero feeling ko, sa mainstream din talaga ang patutunguhan ng lahat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ewan ko sayo, ha! :p hahahaah songs for a new world na lang. MAS COOL. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kainis no? Hindi na ako nasisiyahan sa art pag nagiging commercialized masyado.

    ReplyDelete
  4. korek. wala na kasing mystery. at yung satisfaction na feeling mo ikaw lang ang nakakakilala nun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly, hahaha! Tama ka diyan! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, abangan mo lang, gagawin din yang movie, HAHAHA! =)

    ReplyDelete