Friday, September 26, 2008

1st anniversary, teeheehee.

Over a year ago, while I was a newbie at Virgin Labfest 3  in CCP, Tad fessed up through text during the wee hours of morning that he loved me, and would gladly quit the play we working at together just to keep things from getting awkward. The feeling wasn't mutual then, but we've been pretty close since we became friends. I refused his offer to quit, and would handle things professionally. In other words, we barely talked during rehearsals and shows, except on the day after he had an accident at the Little Theater during a show (he fell and hit his head and started bleeding during a staged reading) and while I was helping another ASM with their play.

When Labfest ended and Minette immediately gave me another project under TP (Pilipinas Circa 1907), Tad and I started getting closer. I frequently visited the male dressing room to say hello to him, Henry, Kuya Bong and the rest of the ensemble when I arrive at the theater, and even after I had finished setting up my laptop and projector (which only took a few minutes). On crazy days when I first encountered problems with the computer I had first started using, Tad took the time to check up on me even when he still had to get into his costume and makeup. He knew I usually skip meals when I'm harassed, so he would buy me dinner even without my asking and keep it in their dressing room until I found the time to grab a bite.

On the day of the cast party, I invited him to have lunch with me before call time "just because it's the closing day." I kept refusing to go to the cast party after the show, but still ended up going even though I still had work the next morning. When he took my hand in his during the ride to Ana's house, I didn't let go. During the party, even though we all had our own share of crazy, Tad and I mostly kept to ourselves, and I told him that we can give this a shot.


Exactly a year ago, we finally became official. The evening seemed casual, and when I told him, he even thought I wasn't serious, hahaha. We celebrated over a banana split and a rehearsal of Insiang. Hahaha, the cast of that production were the very first people who had heard the news.

And now, one year later, we're still going strong. So many things have happened over the past 12 months; some were wonderful, some were tough, some were surprising, and some were downright crazy. There were a bunch of rough patches along the way, but we managed to survive it all. Cheesy as it may sound, Tad was the one who taught me how not to be afraid to love again. =)


To one of my bestest friends, my number one critic, my counselor, my confidante, my partner-in-crime, my voice of reason, and my inspiration, I LOVE YOU! Thank you for always being there, even when I didn't know I needed you. I will always remain your biggest fan. =)

29 comments:

  1. asus.!! happy anniv senyo ni tad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kilig kilig kilig! :)
    Congratulations, you two. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, Carlo, Obie, Aris: Salamat ng marami! =)

    Iam: Haha, sweetness ba? Sobrang keso, hahahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naks. Kiligers naman. =]
    Happy anniversary!

    PS. Darling, ang ganda ganda mo dun sa picture na naka-post sa mirror ni Tad. As in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ang bilis, ganon na katagal. congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yiiiihiiii......queeeeeeesoo.haha.congrats hogi and tad! ~=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww///happy happy!stay strong both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww happy anniversary! I remember that time he came when to surprise you :) Awwww...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Happy Anniversary sweetheart. :) :) Glad to know that he's taken you for a wonderful ride so far. I really hope you guys go far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. crier! happy anniversary. i'm really sorry hogs for not meeting you up. sorry sorry sorry *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww what a sweet sweet entry, hogi! happy anniversary sainyo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hogi! i'm super happy for you=) super sweet blog. happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, siya ang kumuha niyan. Salamat! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha, you're one of the handful of witnesses pa. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey all! Thanks for all greetings! =) -Hogi & Tad

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nakakakilig naman!

    Happy 1st Anniv sa inyo!

    ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Salamat, Zee! Hahaha, and to think na ikaw ang nagdidilang anghel dati tungkol kay Tad, hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. HAHA! Ikaw lang kasi ayaw mo maniwala sakin. =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kaya nga nakain ko ang mga sinabi ko noon eh, hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. how sweet naman nitong post na ito. ang sarap naman umibig. happy, happy uli.

    ReplyDelete