Sunday, September 14, 2008

Finally, a run-through. And a Funky Bunch evening.

We finally did a run-through of Kapeng Malamig during yesterday's rehearsal. The past couple of rehearsals were sort of a mess, what with hardly any people coming on time, some people still had to polish their songs and the choreography always had to be rehearsed over and over again as well. Even without Tiffy, I guess I can say that we made progress on Friday when we did so.

So yesterday afternoon. Arrived a few minutes before call time, only to find that Och/Rose was the only one there. Geli was going to be late because forgot her wallet. Oh well. A few minutes after 2pm was the only time the people started trickling in. Waited for Jerome to arrive so we can finally polish the choreography and adjust it to the stage. My goodness, those warm-ups reminded me of what we used to do in Roeder's class, hahaha. At least it helped a lot. A brief exercise in sharp movements kept our sharp poses in the opening scene in check. But darn those chaines turns. In Angel's song, a whole of bunch of us had to do right-handed turns, so chaines were included in the warm-up... but left-handed turns? Arg... Oh well, at least the chaines were way easier than the pirouettes Roeder used to make us do when he taught us some basic ballet steps. So anyway, we polished "Kapeng Malamig", "Angel's Song" and "Sayang Naman" before we started the run-through.

It was a fairly OK first run, even with the pacing that seemed slow and there were a bunch who were adlibbing extra lines and missing cues. Plus because the door at stage right that led to the music department's hallway was locked, we had no choice but to use the house as a crossover.

Still no costumes and set, as both will arrive on Tuesday. Oh well.

After rehearsals, I went to Karlo's house (which is walking distance from mine) for Mano's despedida. Hahaha, I was the early bird, as usual, so Karlo was the only one there. Got to talk to his adorable 5-year-old son Luke until he had to go to bed as we waited for Mano, Dave, Barry, and Mano's friend Jinky to arrive. My golly, I missed these guys. It's just sad that I doubt the Funky Bunch will ever be complete again. I was always "just one of the boys" when I'm with them back in high school, and I don't think anything had changed at all while we talked last night over Karlo and Barry's vodka mix. Domini had arrived from work at around 11, and she joined us for more talk, jokes and photo ops. Too bad I had to leave after the 2nd pitcher of drinks. But man, I'm so glad I got to see them again. They've been my big brothers since our track and field days and anime days.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my. Dragonball Z and Sailor Moon, am I right? I know this because I was constantly caught in Dragonball/Sailormoon talk between Joseph Lazo (who was my seatmate) and Patrick Icasas (who was seated in front of me) back in 1st or 2nd year high school.

    Wahahaha mems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, Sailormoon, mostly, specially with Rosa and Iam. Pero dumami na nung nakilala ang Funky Bunch. Mga adik mga yun sa anime eh, hahaha. Sila ang suppliers ko dati.

    ReplyDelete