Monday, January 11, 2010

I honestly have no decent title for this entry.

I'm not a big fan of new year resolutions, so I never make any. But of course, because it's the dawn of a new year, I always look forward to something new, and begin with a clean slate.

I'm starting this new decade with some new insights, and new philosophies (huwaw, pa-deep). It really is time to not just wipe the slate clean, but to get a new one to replace the old.

It's about time to stop all the nonsense involving all sorts of crap in the past. Plus it's about time to look more into my relationships with the people I love, to see if they're still worth investing in. Parang Facebook, trim down mo na yung list of friends mo na hindi mo naman talaga kilala dahil nagkakilala lang kayo once or twice. Mean as it may sound, I've told a few friends that I'm ready to cut off certain relationships with others because there's nothing much to hold on to anymore. It's like cutting off a worn piece of string before it actually breaks. Straining it even more might do more damage.


I've mentioned in a blog entry a few months ago that no matter how long you know a person, you still learn something new about them everyday. But I realized that not only does it make your friendships and other relationships more interesting and exciting, it also makes you understand them more as a person. And you grow to love them even more.

This morning I was chatting with a good friend of mine that I've known for years. I was expecting randomness, updates and the usual stuff, but to my surprise, our conversation shifted to a more serious note, and I ended up discovering something new about his past. Before, I only had an inkling about the stuff he shared, and it was quite touching to know how much he trusted me with this. Once the stories were set straight, I had the urge to give him a hug, but because we were just chatting online, a virtual hug would just have to do, hahaha. It was still kind of early for high drama this morning, ahehe.


I've recently gotten addicted to the music of Rock of Ages. Yes, just now, hahaha. Funny, I've never seen an episode of American Idol when Constantine Maroulis was there, except for that one time when he sang "Bohemian Rhapsody," so it's only now that I've noticed that he actually looks hot. Or maybe it's just the "gwapo role" of Drew that made me notice him? Hahahaha.


I've been offered to do something productive this summer. Of course, my first impulse was to say yes, but I had to say that I'm still uncertain because I want to return to one of my regular outlets. Oh well, we'll see how things turn out.

2 comments:

  1. You're a good friend, Hogi.. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salamat din sa iyo, Carms. Isa ka pa ng gusto kong i-hug dahil sa nangyari. Love you too! =)

    ReplyDelete