Friday, January 29, 2010

Parting ways.

All good things must come to an end. After a 9-day visit, my Aunt Lety and cousins Kuya Sergio and Ate Liezel had gone back home to the US yesterday.Our house, which had been noisy and full of people coming in and out for the past several days, is now quiet once again.

I had a lot of fun having those 3 here. I was too young and timid the last time Tita Lety and Ate Liezel had last visited Manila back when I was in high school, and I hardly knew anything about Kuya Serg because I was 7 years old when I last saw him. But during this visit, I've been out jogging in the park with my cousins in the morning, plus a bit of exercise training and talks about eating habits. It was amusing tagging along with Ate Lizzy shop, with Kuya Serg always wandering away like a kid. I never thought I'd get along with them that well despite the age and how long we haven't seen each other. I even ended up being Kuya Serg's Filipino tutor as he struggled to keep speaking in Filipino during the last couple of days they were here.

During their last night in Manila, I noticed my cousins hunched over Ate Lizzy's work laptop half the time, looking over something. Later in the night, they called me to the guest bedroom where they were staying and told me that something's arriving in the mail for me in a couple of weeks. I was speechless once I found out what they got for me, after all they've done already. Thank you, Kuya Serg and Ate Lizzy!


In other news about parting, yep, I'm single again. But it wasn't a bad breakup, really. At first it was abrupt, but it took a couple of long talks to make things bearable. Yes, I'm a fighter and a lover at the same time, but when things aren't supposed to happen at a certain time, you have to deal with it. I heard cliche stuff, like he needed some time alone to find the missing pieces that he had lost. Plus he said na "kailangan lang niya ako hanapin ulit." Don't want to elaborate too much anymore, but we parted in good terms today. Before we had met up, I was hoping we could just go back to square one. But we ended up going one more step backward, as friends. So we're not together, "for now," he said. To quote an Avenue Q song, "Everything in life is only for now."

6 comments:

  1. O_O now ko lang nabasa itong post na ito completely. nagulat ako kanina sa pinaka-recent post mo.... :-( tapos na-curious na ko at naghanap ng clues! hope to catch you OL soon!!!

    and, welcome to the club...again?

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, stalker ka nga talaga, Claire. Salamat sa concern. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. kwento ka na daw sabi ni ate Sally!!! at gusto daw malaman din ni kuya Bonnie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pagpunta ko na lang sa office ako magkwento, hehe. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOY CHRISTINE you are singular??? hihi. be happy!!! see you later!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Esperanza, I'm singular, hahaha. Happy naman, kasi we're on good terms pa rin. =)

    ReplyDelete