Saturday, January 2, 2010

"A time for everything."

It's the little things that bother me. Sure, it may just be somewhat trivial information, but it's still public information that you give out about yourself. I could've at least been given fair warning, as I'm involved. Just brooding. OK sana kung nameless eh, pero ibang iba ang nilagay mo. It may be "wala lang" for you, but I can't help it kung apektado ako, as it means something to me. Petty, I know. But it still bothers me.

OK, end of rant.

Anyway.

When we arrived at Kuya Richie's house in Cavite yesterday, we saw that the last installment of Indiana Jones was playing on HBO (I got to catch the marathon the night before). We brought up more old movies, and Ate Shang mentioned that she got to catch Footloose. I got to watch it again earlier.

During the scene where Ren faced the city council, he quoted from the famous Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, that there's a time to every purpose under heaven. As I never make resolutions, nor enjoy evaluating the year that had passed because half of my decisions are results of my own stubbornness, I guess it was sort of telling me of what to do for 2010.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven;
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

I remember the first time this passage stuck in my mind until I memorized it in the span of an hour. In rendering class, Icko had told us to illustrate all these verses using a medium of our choice. I first thought that I could never ever make his deadlines because I really suck at drawing. But the passage encouraged me to just keep drawing. Hmmm... I wonder where I had put that particular plate. I'd love to put it up on my wall.

7 comments:

  1. i can relate to this, Hogi. my heart was on the floor last night. too much to start 2010... *sigh from the bottom of the earth*

    anyway. end of rant, too. hahahha!!

    anyway, what's up with you? :-) who just broke your heart?

    i love reading that entire passage over and over and over. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heart on the floor? Ganun kabigat? Sinong umaway sa iyo?

    Sows, end of rant nga eh. Sabi nga sa Indiana Jones, "Let it go." =P

    Diba? Ang saya i-memorize ng passage na yan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo, exagg 'no? toink!

    oo, saya imemorize nyan, pati yung 1Cor 13 at Desiderata :)) *adik*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grabe, ha. New year na new year, may drama ka agad. =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1st week pa lang ng January, may angst na? Kakaiba ka, kapatid. Dali, pulutin na ang pusong yan at baka maapakan pa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hindi ko kinaya ang bible quote. Naalala ko ang aking past. Hindi ko ma-take. HAHA. XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, may ganon? Kaloka naman kasi ang Footloose, bible quote ang nabigay sakin nung araw na yun, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete