Tuesday, June 12, 2007

GTF audition and Asalto at CCP

Went to GTF auditions this afternoon. First met up with Gino and Cindy along Taft, then we walked to the venue together. Huwaw, there were lots of people milling around outside the building. And you'll always expect to find at least one familiar face in the crowd, hahaha. I found Ren, Bong, Joel and Jacq, and by the time we were waiting on the stage, I even got to talk to Pam. Holy kamote, I can't believe that Pam had tried out for ZsaZsa Zaturnnah and almost made it as one of the Amazonistas. Huwaw.

It's been 8 years since I stood in front of Mr. Tony Espejo. Hahaha. Amd there I was again.

After the audition, I hopped on a jeep and headed for CCP for the Independence day show at the Main Theater. I was told it was a freebie, and by the time I got there, it was 15 minutes before the show was about to begin. Found Mandy and her friend Christine in the lobby, and we managed to get our tickets almost 5 minutes before the show was about to start. Hello, our tickets were for Balcony 2. Rawr. But thank goodness my seat was in the section's 1st row. I was leaning over the railing the whole time to get a better view.

I want to do a review of the show per number, but Jerald took my program. Rawr. Anyway, there were quite a huge number of guests, which included Bito, Eula Valdez, Margie Moran, the Philippine Idol finalists, the Madrigal Singers, and I can't remember the rest. One of my favorite numbers were when the dancers from Ballet Philippines were in swimsuits, as a tribute to the Pasig River. I have to admit that I wasn't wow-ed by the Philippine Idols' number. And of course, I'm not leaving this next one out! Eula came onstage dressed as ZsaZsa Zaturnnah and started mentioning some of our national heroes. Then she followed it up with local superheroes, from comic books to TV and movies. There was Panday, Mulawin, Dyesebel, Super Twins (HAHAHAHA!), Bondying, Lastikman, and I forgot the rest. The last mentioned was "for luck," and before I had to wonder who will be mentioned, in comes the higanteng palaka from ZsaZsa, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Then they started singing "Ikaw ang Superhero ng Buhay Ko" from ZsaZsa Zaturnnah! And then Darna made a grand entrance by flying over them with a Philippine flag. At aba, may moment pa siya with Panday, Hahaha!

After the show, I ended up going to Tapa King with some of them. There was Nar, Marj, Nicco (though he wasn't part of the show this year; he just came to watch), Jerald, Tara, Carlon, and JK. That's when Jerald saw that his name was in the program along with the Philippine Idol segment, and got to keep my program for himself. *bonk* All because he was that darn Christmas tree who popped out of the balikbayan box, wahehehe.

Rawr, I still want a program. I did get a souvenir flag that came with it, but I'm used to leaving a show with a program. Oh well.

Back to life tomorrow. Enough with being a superfriend and other frustrations. Focus, Hogi.

8 comments: