Tuesday, June 26, 2007

nearing Labfest

Last Sunday, I went to CCP complete with swollen ankle. At least it was better than the day before. Light plotting during the first hour of rehearsal at the Batute with Joseph and Ed, and I had to be on my toes the whole time. Rawr, because we ran the whole thing as we didn't exactly have all the lighting cues, we exceeded our given time by two minutes. Then we moved to the LT stage and ran through the entire play (minus music and sound effects) twice. During the second time, Sir Jaime even told the cast that I won't be calling any cues whatsoever, and as an acting exercise, they had to maximize the entire stage and we'd be watching from the audience.

After striking our props and putting everything away in the prop room, I managed to catch up with the cast at Mang Inasal. Then we decided to head back to CCP to hang out somewhere, and after walking around from the LT lobby to the Silangan Hall, we ended up back at the LT lobby. Russ started this whole "Papayag ka ba na sa iyo ang CCP... pero..." thing, which Anna also kept contributing to. When it was just Anna, Russ and me left lying on the carpet of the lobby, I decided to join Carlo and Micah at RCBC for the matinee of ZsaZsa Zaturnnah, as Micah wanted to watch it, plus Sykes had bought the evening show.

Saw the 1st act of the matinee show, then we just hung out in the lobby of the auditorium after that.

I miss sitting at the front-of-house. I never got to experience it in Doubt with all the free food. In Beauty and the Beast, we had a blast because the concessionaire was always open for us (Gloria Jeans and Wetzel's Pretzels, yum), plus we can sleep on the couches when everyone's already inside. So eventually, Carlo, Micah and I got bored after a while.

Caught the entire evening show with Carlo. We sat in the very last row of orchestra right during the first act, then we moved to the loge for the second act. I have to admit, I still prefer Tuxqs' Ada than Vince's. Vince was a bit cartoony at times, and Tuxqs managed to keep his character on the same level and energy as K's ZsaZsa. And I've still got to hand it to Nar, as he could adjust to both interpretations of Ada.

Met up with Tin this afternoon, and we went to CCP together, as she had to give something to Nicco. Ended up hanging out again with Anna, Russ and Riki in the LT lobby. Tin had to leave after a while, then Riki had rehearsal for My Padir is an OCW right there in the lobby. The rest of us decided to sneak a peek in the Batute Theater where Teroristang Labandera is having their DTR. Finished the DTR then left the theater again. Russ had to leave, and Anna and I returned to the LT lobby. That was when I realized the quiet between us. We knew each since Ritmo Enkwentro, but then I don't think we have that much in common. But after a while, we ended up talking until some other people arrived in the lobby, then we walked to the LT dressing rooms where they have rehearsals for The Palanca In My Mind. I decided to leave them right after I had helped Anna and Tara bring in their boxes into their rehearsal venue.

I have this empty feeling, arg. I hate it.


"Her world is greater than the cave that once imprisoned him."

I love that line from our play. When Nicco had delivered that line during our Saturday morning rehearsal, I couldn't help it but my eyes welled up and I couldn't explain why.

Anyway, I keep having that empty feeling almost every day now. And even though I sometimes forget to eat, no, this is not hunger, hahaha. Though I have to admit, finding creamy mashed potatoes with chives and homemade gravy when I got home earlier was sheer simple joy.

Now time to bring out a bar of Twix for more happiness, hehehe. =)

8 comments:

  1. Ang saya naman at may free food! Kamusta naman at ang Java Man eh di man lang nag-sponsor?

    Twix does the same for me! Happiness in a bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, imagine mo last year na Bravo ang sponsor namin for Doubt. Free sampling sa lobby every night! Kaya nga during shows, "out headset" ang maririnig namin sa light board man pag may isang mahabang scene na walang light change. Nung sinubukan kong umalis din sa pwesto ko, ayun, kumakain na pala siya sa lobby, hahahaha!

    Ang saya ng Twix no? Hehehe, simple joys talaga ang chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of Labfest...watching Ellas Inocentes as part of TKM on July 7. Will you be around then? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'm going to be in CCP that day, as we also have a show in the evening. Oh yeah, I think that Tuxqs, the director of Ellas Inocentes, teaches at Miriam. Is he?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe I sent you a message regarding this na. tama na ang drama mare. Dapat paghandaan ang labfest. Hay naku, manonood kami. Sana may time tayo usap after. Kita kits! Goodluck Hogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, natanggap ko yun, mare. Salamat! =)
    Oo nga, kulang kulang na tayo sa QT! Kitakits sa Labfest!

    ReplyDelete