Sunday, June 17, 2007

the end of a series of headaches

Last Thursday, after He-Me-She-It rehearsals with our 3 lead actors, a bunch of us (Nicco, Kat, Daniel, Chrome, Anna, Sugus and I) went to RCBC for the DTR of ZsaZsa Zaturnnah. Despite the headache that has been bugging me since Wednesday, I managed to forget it when we got to RCBC.

We arrived a little too early, so we hung around at Java Man, with Chrome repeating a couple of magic tricks that he showed us. Found Mimay with Ayn, Leo, Dohna and some other UP friends milling about, and soon, there were lots of people already waiting in the theater lobby. So we left Java Man and stood at the head of line right away, hahahaha! More familiar faces, and of course, BFFs Carlo and Zee were there, plus Nikki and Tin.

It was already 7:30 and the house hadn't opened yet. Then Ms Yvette managed to usher us into the loge section ahead of open house, nyahahaha.

We sat in the same row as Arnold and Sir Jed. Hahaha, when Sir Jed saw Nicco, Nikki and I sitting together, he said his famous, "Kayo nanaman?" HAHAHA!

Per usual, the play never failed to make everyone laugh. Punchline after punchline, and the new K and Nar tandem was a hit. Of course, sometimes K made too much adlibs that if ever she went a little overboard, she would seem like she came out of a sitcom. She was funny, yes, but sometimes all I could see onstage was K and not ZsaZsa Zaturnnah herself. But Nar! We loved you! Everyone loved you as Didi! Congrats! Despite falling wigs and lapel mics and finding echos, you were hilarious! And I finally got to watch a Dodong other than Arnold perform, hehe.

After the show, the cast was in the lobby, per usual. Congrats to everyone! Despite my headache that Chrome and Sugus just had to add to, I had a blast. And because of that headache, I opted to go home instead of having dinner with the crazy bunch.

Speaking of those headaches, my mom and I went to Sta. Cruz at around noon today after my meeting at TP. We had to meet Kuya Boy at the optical shop he works for to have my eyes checked, plus my mom wanted to get new frames for her glasses. I also brought a pair of frames to have new glasses made. I knew it, the cause of these series of headaches were due to my eyes. And it wasn't what I had expected. The grade of my eyes are lower than it was before, yay! So I had new glasses made, in just 20 minutes and half the price that I would get it for in other optical shops. Thanks to Kuya Boy and Doc Betty!

So now I'm giving my eyes a little time off from contact lenses...

 

Ew, I look sabog because this was taken after a long day.

Then it was off to Sir Jaime's house for He-Me-She-It rehearsals with Nicco, Missy and Kat. And of course, pizza was present again, courtesy of Missy. So by the time we were waiting for Nicco's final monologue to finish, we were starving that we set the table for eating while he was giving his last lines.

Stopped by Betty's office after rehearsal, as I haven't seen this girl in a while. Caught up on each other's news, bugged her as she worked, and visited the gallery downstairs, where I got to meet Deo and Cleng (sp?) who were setting up the place for the event for next Friday.

Time to hit the sack. Despite that fact that it's Fathers' Day, we still have rehearsals in the afternoon. In the words of Cindy, "G'mornight!"

No comments:

Post a Comment