Monday, August 13, 2007

back for another week

I'm alive once again, hahahaha! To start off, I'm just going to cut and paste the random stuff that I had typed yesterday.


August 12, 2007

Am typing this while sitting on the floor of the Little Theater lobby, just right in front of the Dream Theater. Hahaha, I’m just taking advantage of my best friend’s laptop.

Once again, I haven’t blogged in about a week, so I’m taking this free time to do so.

Pilipinas Circa 1907 opened last Friday, with an open DTR the day before. Ahehehe, I had finished the supertitles the week before that, and attended rehearsals during production week so I can rehearse the slides with the actors’ lines. Unfortunately, I only managed to get the LCD projector last Wednesday, a day before the show’s open DTR. And due to the typhoon, certain areas got flooded, including the Little Theater, holy kamote. To make things worse, because the power kept fluctuating, the computer I was using was goofing up, until I had given up on it. Arg. I ended up not doing the supertitles during the DTR.

I needed a laptop for the opening gala show on Friday, and thanks to Riki and Henry, I managed to use Henry’s laptop for the supertitles. After setting up the laptop and the projector, I was so relieved that I thought things were OK, but then again, things aren’t always perfectly peachy. Of course, there were some parts that didn’t have an English translation, so I guess Sir Dennis got annoyed. Eep. *crawls under projector table* I felt so bad that I tried to avoid our fearless director during the cocktails after the show. Well, can’t be avoided, of course, ahehehe. If something screws up, you know you should do something about it yourself.

Oh yeah, it was nice to see a familiar face in the lobby. Great seeing you again, Sir Dante! It’s been ages since I saw a familiar face from school.

So even though I managed to get hold of a laptop without harassing the cast (hahaha), I still didn’t get to do the supertitles last night because Sir Dennis had said that we won’t do it yet. Oh well. I guess I have to wait until next week so the English supertitles will be complete. So yesterday, I ended up sitting in the LT lobby during the matinee show, listening to the play via the faint sounds from the monitors while double checking the translations of the script. During the evening, I watched the show with Carlo, Zee and Micah.

I actually didn’t realize that I hadn’t eaten all day yesterday. I only had breakfast in the office, then after typing a few pages of the Aida script (speaking of which, someone hasn’t returned my OCR of the musical), I had to travel back to the south to pick up Ari’s laptop, then to CCP and made it in time for Circa’s opening number. Of course, there was also the fact that I didn’t have enough money on me, hahaha. Thank goodness I got my rehearsal fee during the evening, just enough to let me survive for a couple of days, hahaha.

My mom had talked to me last week about getting a different job. Uhm, yeah, now she wants me to join the call center bandwagon. I’m still considering it. It’s actually tempting because of the money factor, but I always get restless just sitting at one place for an entire day. Plus I’m such a stubborn person and would always insist that I stay where I’m comfortable.

Talk about comfortable, I’m in such a weird position right now. For one person, how can you miss someone you barely know in the first place? And for the other, I’m not really discouraging the actions toward me, but I’m not really encouraging it either. Hahahaha, I’m so crazy that way.

Hmm... I’m actually enjoying lugging this laptop around. I spent this morning sitting on the LT floor (on this very spot where I’m sitting at right now), watching a DVD that I had brought with me. Uhm, Ari, can I keep this until the show closes? Hahahaha! I actually miss having a laptop that I can call my own. Still can’t afford to have my laptop fixed, rawr.

I’m planning to do a major change of routine right after Avenue Q closes. Hahaha, here I go again, making plans that keep falling through. I don’t know what do to anymore. I mean, I still have so many things in mind that I really want to do, but there are so many hindrances that go with them. And for some reason, I still can’t get that parent factor out. It seems that you simply can’t avoid your parents having their own say about your actions, your decisions in life, and whatnot, especially if they have opinions that are so different from yours. The last time my opinions came in conflict with theirs, I ended up with a bruise on my thigh and a script torn to shreds scattered on my bedroom floor. In my own way of silent retaliation, I stayed in bed the whole day, not even coming out to eat. Ahehehe, I’m such a drama queen.

Ooh, I’ve been sitting here for quite a while already that I didn’t realize that the show was already starting. Hahaha, I think I looked so weird earlier just sitting here on the floor while all the people were milling around, waiting for the house to open.


===================================

Hahaha, I can't believe how much I wrote just sitting there on the carpet.

After a while, I got bored and went to watch the first part of the ballet in the Main Theater with Minette. After accompanying Nar in the buff while he grabbed something to eat, the two of us ended up sitting again in the very same spot I was in earlier and watched a DVD on the laptop. When Circa's matinee show ended, we took a peek inside the Conference Room, where the AC was about to doing a reading of Mulan with Sir Dennis. So Nar and I went with Minette back to the TP office and tinkered with one of the computers, surfing the internet until we had to go home.

Oh yeah, to those who were messaging me the whole week last week, my apologies if I haven't been replying. I've been kinda busy, plus the fact that my phone's battery keeps conking out on me.

10 comments:

  1. Super busy!!! But it was nice seeing you again Hogi! I missshoooo na!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, slight lang. Ang saya ko talaga nung nakita ko kayo ulit. Nakaka-miss talaga kayong lahat! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, slight lang. Ang saya ko talaga nung nakita ko kayo ulit. Nakaka-miss talaga kayong lahat! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, di naman. Nood kayo ulit! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe, yung schedule na binigay sa iyo ni Bong! =)

    ReplyDelete