Thursday, August 16, 2007

getting acquainted with Mrs. Thistletwat and Princeton

I had never thought that I'd have the Avenue Q experience. I was initially glad that I won't be cutting myself in half working in the office and working backstage (like last year in Doubt), but hey, this could be fun.

When Chari had messaged me this past Monday, asking if I could attend rehearsals, even though I had no idea what I was getting into, I couldn't help it, I said yes, hahaha. Then Miss Bernice had dropped by Atlantis the following morning and I told her so. As it turned out, they needed an extra pair of hands. Literally.

So off I went to the rehearsal venue this afternoon, and the moment I had stepped in, Bobby instantly called "Pogi" once again, and even introduced me to the cast as that, until he told the story of how little Pepe got around to calling me by that name. Hahaha. Once I had approached Bea and Mariko, I was told of what to do.

Hello, Mrs. Thistletwat and Princeton.

But hey, compared to the puppets Marvin had made for Meynard's class a couple of years ago, these were a bit smaller, and much lighter (*relief*). Mariko then introduced me to the puppets, and taught me how to manipulate them. Mrs. T was a little stiff, but I guess that's because she's hardly used. Princeton was already broken in and easier to manipulate, but I still felt awkward. And it's tiring if you're not used to it. Ack. Hahaha, Bobby had said that I should try talking to Ate Sally as if with a puppet so I can practice.

Despite how tiring having a puppet on my arm was, it was actually fun. Specially when I tried Princeton, because he was easier to handle. Hopefully Mrs. T would loosen up before opening night, hahaha. Thanks to Mariko, Chari and Joel for coaching me.

A little chat with Lambert, our SM, after rehearsal. I had told him that I had come across his name while reading my copy of Sir Dennis' Ang Buhay ay Pelikula, where he part of as one of the actors. He wondered how I managed to get a copy, and I told how I attended a lecture during the summer by Bart Guingona. As it turned out, Lambert used to be in TP Actors Company. Huwaw. Hahaha, while we talked, Bea even quipped that I practically live in CCP. Anyway, I ended up saying that I took workshops under Tanghalang Pilipino, until Lambert finally asked the question I was anticipating, which is the very same question people ask me. "Bakit di ka mag-audition sa AC?"

Oh well.

13 comments:

  1. you gonna be in Avenue Q? See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... sort of, hahaha. It's only for a couple of minutes in one scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kahit na one scene or dumaan ka lang sa stage, more reason to watch! hahahaha!!!

    avenue q!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woooooooooooh go HOOOGGGIIII!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asus, as if ang laki ng gagawin ko eh, hahaha! =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahhahahah wla lng para lang mag mukhang masaya! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ikaw ba na talaga yung sa play o sa rehearsals lang? HOGIIII! Manonood kami! Yey!

    ReplyDelete