Sunday, May 18, 2008

A reunion with the GG7 boys.

I have never attended a get-together with my original blockmates from when I first transferred to CSB. But when Carlo had sent me a text message last week inviting everyone to a reunion, I decided to jump at the chance, especially because it was pretty close to JP's birthday.

Our original block was composed of transferees, most from DLSU-Manila, and a couple of us from UST (but we were both Zobel alumni). I forgot the total number of students, but there were about only 7 girls in the block, only about 3 of us were pretty friendly with everyone, including me. Most were taking up Computer Applications or Human Resource Management, while I was the only Production Design student among all the transferees that term. Even though I was one of the boys and hung out a lot with JP and RA and some others, I was pretty eccentric for them to handle. They teased me mercilessly, because they knew I wouldn't kill them for it, hahaha.

JP was the closest friend I had in the block, as we always talked even though we were worlds apart. We met up during breaks, talked on the phone in the evenings about his current heartaches. And because it was publicized that it was his birthday, we joked that he'll be the one paying for everything.

Anyway, I barely knew anyone after our first term, as I headed off to my own little world of theater, and only reappeared for our second recollection and one get-together, resulting in Marci having to drive me all the way home (his vivid memory of me, hahaha!). Then they never heard from me again.

After rehearsals and a pictorial at Ayn's house, I headed off the Mall of Asia. Carlo's chosen venue was Hooters, as it was fairly new. The first person I almost immediately saw was David, and we decided to go inside and reserve a table for the entire group. Stanley arrived next with his girlfriend in tow.

After JP had arrived, the rest started appearing as well. There was Carlo, who also brought his family for a while (his son's adorable!), Reiner, Kris (and his girlfriend), Carl (with girlfriend), Boj, Mark (and girlfriend), Reggie (and wife), and finally Marci (with wife). Yes, everyone had brought their significant others except for JP (whose girlfriend is spending quality time with her dad) and me (Tad's in Zambales with his family for an overdue beach outing).

Hmmm... about Hooters, it didn't really impress me. Aside from the staff's outfits, there was nothing much similar with the original Hooters in the US. So yeah, the ladies dance when YMCA or some other song starts up, but hello, they just dance for the heck of it. Parang ang lungkot pa nila kung sumayaw. Mga teh, di ba kayo masaya? David had even commented that they look like they're on their day off, if you know what I mean.

My goodness, I've forgotten how crazy these guys can be when they make hirits. Specially David, Carlo and Marci. When someone slinks away to smoke or go to the bathroom, or even if there is anyone not present at the table, David will start talking and joking about them. Carlo would go around the table and start picking on anyone he feels like talking to, hahaha! Marci naman, walang patawad. He'll raise his voice and talk to you from the other side of the table para lang asarin ka, wahahaha.

"JP, sagot mo naman lahat diba?"
"Si Carl pulang-pula na. Carl! Mestizo ka pala! Kasing kulay mo na yung mga baso!"
"Pinsan ha? Gaano na kayo katagal magpinsan?"
"Nasan na si Boj? Nanlalalaki? HAHAHA!"
"Hogi, na-chicks ka ba ni JP?"
(Here comes the taas-kilay effect.)
"Ako, walang girlfriend." (Repeat while looking at me.)
"San mo sine-save yung pictures mo?" "Wala, ine-erase ko lang, haha!"
*snaps photo* "Ang pangit mo!" (And repeat with next victim.)
"Pare, tanungin mo si JP kung anong gagawin niya pag dumating dito si Owen na naka-skirt."


Sure enough, before that last hirit manages to make it to JP's ears, I turn to look at the entrance to find Owen approaching our table, hahaha!

Every time I try to attempt a French exit from the group so I can get home early, something gets in the way. Sudden downpour of rain (this happened a lot). David spies someone leaving the table and starts talking about them, and adding, "Yan ang nangyayari kapag umaalis ang tao eh."

I have to admit, I sometimes regret not bonding with these guys much after our first term together. They were like kuyas to me back when we were all starting out in CSB together. Then I chose to disappear from their world. Super thanks to Carlo for the invite. Til the next get-together, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment