Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Seeing the AFLS gang again.

Mimay had called off Monday and Tuesday rehearsals, so I was debating with myself whether or not I should go out on Monday night, either to catch MNNV at the Fort, or join them before they head out to ABS to catch Lea's taping of a Sharon episode. I chose AFLS over MNNV, mostly because I haven't seen most of them in ages (I think the last I've seen half of them was during ZsaZsa Zaturnnah and the rest were at Lea's Tomorrow concert).

Mimay and Tin's persistence to meet up earlier and hang out at Trinoma resulted in me hurrying up my morning chores and both of them texting me the whole time I was on the road before I had to meet Tin at the MRT station, hahaha.

The first thing Tin and I did when we arrived at Trinoma was look for the nearest place to buy myself a ball of blue yarn and a new hook to make my crochet project. The hook I have at home was the wrong size for the kind of yarn I was using. The next thing we looked for was Mimay, who wasn't really there yet even though she was badgering us to hurry up.

Text messages to Mimay:
Dahil minadali mo kami, libre mo kami ng lunch.
Dahil late ka, hanapin mo kami. Clue: isang banyo. Hahaha!
Shet ka, nasan ka na? Baka kainin na ako ni Tin sa gutom niya.


Settled at Brothers Burger for lunch, then when we looked for a place to just sit and talk, we ended up not finding that non-existent Gloria Jeans branch that Tin had insisted. Off to Starbucks then. While Tin and Mimay talked, I took out my hook and yarn and listened to them, improvising crochet patterns as I worked the yarn into a circle. Haha, by the time they had finished applying makeup, I had something that somewhat resembled a small potholder. Progress, yay.

When it was time to meet the rest, we hopped on a cab to ABS. Jhack had mentioned a certain venue with a green gate, but by the time we arrived, there wasn't any green gate in sight. Opted to meet at Starbucks at ELJ instead. Found Jeff on the way, then we trooped to Starbucks where Jhack was. Carmel and Edcel arrived a few minutes after we did. It started drizzling, so we went inside and sat around at the food court. A bunch of us started to eat (after a little horror story by Jeff that they spent hours sitting in hunger during the last time they went to a taping, hahaha) while waiting for Betsy and Zen. Camwhoring galore and talking, along with Carmel's endless makeup application (and her rants about her eyeliner), hahaha!

Betsy was still on the way, so we decided to go ahead with Zen to the studio. It took a really long wait outside the studio, but we entertained ourselves just fine, hahaha. Seating wasn't really a problem, as Zen had reserved us a whole row. Thank you, Zen!

Being so used to live theater, I still can't seem to appreciate the business of TV production. Everyone was required to clap on cue, no frowning is allowed, bawal ang "nakahalukipkip" ang kamay... all that jazz. I remember once being in YSpeak, and because I was in the dressing room the whole time the floor director spoke to the audience, I never heard these before. Never mind that I was sitting on the front row then, directly in front of two of the cameras. Haha, I had no idea about what to say and do before they cue to commercial. Nyak.

So anyway, there we were, sitting in the audience. My fellow AFLS friends were waiting anxiously for Lea to appear. As it turned out, the first thing that was going to be taped was her singing "The Journey." Hahaha, funny moment was somewhere in the middle of the song, Lea turns to face our direction, sees me amidst our happy group, and even does a double take and chuckles while she was singing, hahahaha! Great to see you too, Lea!

As it turned out, that was the only thing Lea had to shoot to promote her 30th anniversary concert. Jeff suddenly stood to follow GR backstage, and because Edcel and Betsy were sitting on the edge of the bleachers beside me, they leaped off and the rest of us followed suit.

Everyone went backstage and hovered around, waiting for Lea. I said hello to GR, who I haven't seen since the closing party of Avenue Q. When Lea appeared, she said hello and bussed me on the cheek before the guard started herding people away from the halls. When the people started crowding around Lea, I suddenly felt Carmel's camera in my hands. Haha, it's the Tomorrow concert all over again.

Oh, those AFLS moments...
Betsy's legendary Sharpie.
"Thank you." "What for?" "... For everything..." -Someone's Janina moment. HAHAHAHA! (I told you I'm not leaving this out.)
Carmel's cyborg transfer.

I haven't done the groupie thing in 4 years, and I'm so glad I'm past it. But it was great being with the AFLS gang again. These guys just crack me up. Too bad I won't be able to go to the concert. Girlfriend mode ako that weekend, hehehe. But let's get together another time!

35 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention the answer of that person.
    "Thank you"
    "What for?"
    ......."for everything"........darn, that person could have said a more sensible answer. Feeling niya tuloy super Janina moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasalanan yan ng Avon eyeliner yan eh (Bakit Avon? Dahil kay Lea).
    Anyone here generous enough to donate a MAC liner? Hahahaha! Joke lang!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for taking my pics with Lea! At that time kasi you were the only one na super calm and hindi busy with taking pictures or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be the first and last. I was worried kasi that Lea got irritated when i shouted in front of her. I was joking Jeff kasi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, naku, sana sinabihan mo ako last year. Sponsor namin ang MAC.
    Pero I have to admit that most of what I use are Avon products din, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No probelmo! =) Hahaha, di kasi ako mahilig makisiksik. Kaya niyo na yan, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, "magtrabaho ka naman." =))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Naku! I left my voice recorder on and it captured that moment. =/
    Hahaha! Torture ito.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wahahahaha! Sige na, I'll stop na. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "and because Edcel and Betsy were sitting on the edge of the bleachers beside me, they leaped off and the rest of us followed suit."

    So did you learn about the 'cyborg's' other powers? Sometimes she can program herself as a bionic woman, hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha, nakakagulat. I didn't realize how high or low tayo sa bleachers until andun na ako sa edge. Sabi naman kasi ni Betsy na kaya naman eh. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Basta I remember asking one of the crew where the CR is and he told me it's behind the stage. Hehehe, so cue ko na 'yun to jump and leave the bleachers. Ang Betsy kahit naka-heels kinarir ang pagtalon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha, ang dami palang napaihi after ng song. =))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Actually the cyborg has an intelligent chip in her neck.She can mimic whatever is happening around. It can also react appropriately give the correct stimulus

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lahat naman kinakaya natin basta si Manang ang involve wag lang ma guardia civil

    ReplyDelete
  16. Muntik na nga akong mag lumundag without your assistance. Natatakot lang ako na matapilok

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahaha. Lagot, Edcel. Kung natuluyan pala ang senadora, ikaw ang may kasalanan.

    ReplyDelete
  18. korek, wrong costume pala ako. Di ko inexpect na may high jump na competition, hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahaha, actually hinihintay talaga kita tumalon syempre, I must give way to the senator diba?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Korek, sa wardrobe pa naman nya, parang galing sa campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kasama ba sa powers nya ang mag-mimic ng voice, like that of Lea Salonga? Or mag-memorize ng spiels?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wahahaha, now ko lang naisip... Sana nasa 1st row na nga lang tayo, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lumang powers na yun. mwehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  24. korek, at magpapasa na ng law na bawal ang mataas na bleachers

    ReplyDelete
  25. nakakalooookaa!!! ang saya saya natin :) yey

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wahahahahaha! Ang kekengkoy niyo! =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. tas kakanta tayo ng zaturrnah songs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hahaha, talagang sinama ang Zaturnnah eh. =))

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ok ako na ang bahala sa song na, 'Multo ng Nakaraan', sinu-sino ang mga amasonistas?

    ReplyDelete