Saturday, May 17, 2008

Trek to UP for Marisol.

I had made plans to watch Marisol in UP yesterday. Alone. Hahaha. But as it turned out, Cindy didn't get to watch it the evening before, so we decided to watch it together.

Met up in UP as early as 4pm so we can gab and pig out on isaw at the same time. We pretty much bummed around the whole time, but because I missed this girl, it was pretty fun. Because we had a lot of time on our hands after the isaw-fest, we took a jeep that went around the campus the other way so we got to kill a lot more time. Hey, beats walking all the way back to the Faculty Center, hahaha.

Lots of time still left, and we ended up at the entrance of Teatro Hermogenes Ylagan and entertained ourselves pretty well. I finally got to watch her performance in Maria Vahina (hahaha!), thanks to her PSP. Then after a while, I went back to my crochet project (which I brought with me) as she became content with playing Diner Dash until the house opened.

So on with Marisol. Before I got to watch the play, I already read one review and there were already a bit of feedback from quite a bunch. Most didn't really appreciate it. It was pretty... interesting. Or maybe I just don't get it at all. Or maybe I had a lot of things in my mind, or maybe I could just blame it on ADHD. Even with that, Mailes was still superb as the title role of Marisol. She was pretty compelling to watch. I love the exchanges between her and Sigrid, who played June. Hahaha, one funny instance was in June's first scene with Marisol. A huge bug was flying around the entire venue and it chose to fly around the acting area during that particular scene and I think Sigrid got pretty distracted by it yet managed to create witty banter with Mailes even with that darn insect around. Nicco, of course, was quite the standout as usual as the only male actor in the play. Refreshing is the apt word to describe my baby bro's performance, specially as Lenny.

Even if the play took a little over 2 hours, I was quite surprised that it didn't really feel that long. I guess that's one more good thing about it. It wasn't really that dragging.

Back to our own play this evening, with a new Alan aboard. More script reading, more discussion. With the progress, I'm getting to enjoy this even more. We still learn a little more as we go along.

One little project and another. Hope nothing falls through.

2 comments:

  1. Darn! If only I could watch. Bah.
    How's the crocheting project going? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making a lot of progress, hehehe. =)

    ReplyDelete