Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Iam's surprise birthday party, and etcetera.

Went to CCP last Friday to watch PHSA's production of The Children's Hour. Hahaha, read from Miss Lallie's Multiply that because it was directed by Tuxqs, bongga daw.

Boy, was she right. Those kids are brilliant. Well, there are a bunch that caught my eye, especially the kid who played Maria. Haha, even though Obie had said na possible na no acting was required for her to be a brat, she was still pretty good. You can see everything in her eyes and her motions.

Hung out with Tad after the show, just sitting around in the dressing room before he prepped up for the evening's Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah. Haha, even had a bit of chika with Mikki as well.

Didn't get to watch PHSA's 2nd play the following day, as I had class in the afternoon and had to come home early in the evening.

Sunday was the day of Iam's advanced surprise birthday party. Aris was supposed to pick me up so we can get the pancit I had ordered, then we had to meet Ge at South Mall at 6pm. Plans changed when I suddenly got a text from Rosa (who took a couple of weeks off for a little vacation). As it turned out, she had arrived in Manila that very day.

Ended up having Rosa pick me up at my house and spent the entire afternoon talking in Figaro. We both told Aris we'll pick up the pancit ourselves (because we were already near the panciteria) and meet him and Ge in South Mall. Hahaha, Rosa's car smelled of pancit right on until we arrived in Pilar Village.

Anyway, when we got to South Mall, we met up with Aris and Ge at the supermarket, where they got drinks and other utensils. Ge ordered a cake and chicken lollipops in Red Ribbon while Rosa and I headed to National Bookstore to buy some birthday balloons (hahahaha). 48 years ang paghintay sa chicken lollipops na yan ha.

When we arrived at Iam's house, Ate Iza had said that Iam was still asleep, so all 4 of us waited in the living room while she woke Iam up. Hahaha, what a surprise that was. Another surprise was that Rosa had said that more people were coming, so Iam rushed back into her room to change clothes. Yes, quite different from the birthday surprise Iam and Rosa gave me several years back.

My goodness, the food just screamed carbo-loading! We had pancit, a ton of rice, sticks of barbecue, chicken lollipops (may sizes ranging from "Chupa Chups" to "Jawbreaker", hahaha), assorted sushi and carbonara! Carlo had arrived after his choir practice, and then Josh arrived much later with (surprise!) Erika as his new girlfriend.

After my evening class last night, I rushed to the Black Box for the first meeting and rehearsal (script reading) of Isang Pangarap sa Gabi ng Gitnang Tag-Araw. Kaloka, I was already embarassed for being late, and when I peered inside the room and saw who the actors were, I almost stepped back into the corridor. Hahaha. Quietly slipped inside as everyone was already in the middle of the reading, and half the people didn't notice I was already there until Andrew noticed that I was the one sitting between Eric and GA, hahaha. Konsepto lang ako sa prod na ito. But I have to say, A Midsummer Night's Dream is actually funnier in Filipino. Or maybe it was funnier because of how the cast read it. Schizo mode ang iba, even me, hahahaha!

Getting warmer. No, I mean, hotter. Arg. And just when I had moved back into my room after playing another round of musical rooms in our house. My room is the only one without air conditioning because it's supposedly the coolest room in the house. Oh well, hahaha. Summer's here. The question is, what will I do during that time?

9 comments:

  1. well, hindi naman sya bad no..
    ok naman sya :)
    may pagka sutil lang talaga :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. Oo nga, katuwa lang siya panoorin. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahah!
    yah! :) i know that..
    natuwa din ako sa kanya :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sayang nga lang di ko napanood yung Midsummer Night's Dream nila nung 2nd day. Darn, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, parang marami ba? Isa-isahin nga natin.

    1) Ang pagdating namin habang natutulog ka.
    2) Ang warning ni Rosa na may mga darating pang mga bisita.
    3) Ang gulat ni Ge sa dami ng kanin sa rice cooker.
    4) Ang daming pagkain na mukhang magiging baon niyo for this week.
    5) Ang acquaintance pala ni Ge and Carlo (pareho ba namang Atenista).
    6) Ang pagdating ni Josh with Erika.
    7) Ang sisig ni Josh na naging carbonara.

    Hahahahaha! =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for watching, hogi!:)

    hindi ganun si liane(the one who played Maria) sa totoong buhay...may acting pa rin required.heheheh:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Tuxqs (both sa Children's Hour and sa Zsa Zsa)! Wagi ang jacket mo nung araw na yun. Pang Queen Femina talaga, hahaha!

    Hahaha, that's glad to know. I have to say, I like her Maria. Nakakatuwa talaga eh, hehe.

    Sana one time I get to work with you again. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course, we will work again someday!:)

    ReplyDelete