Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Spelling Bee comeback.

I got a text from Lawyn yesterday, asking if I could find 4 guest spellers for today's DTR of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. I immediately managed to recruit 4 willing victims--RJ, Dingdong, Rayna and Lara (in that order, hahaha).

After this morning's class, I immediately went straight to RCBC. Got to chill inside the theater for a while until I noticed that they were doing sound checks. Oh my, where were my recruits? Even RJ, who had promised to come very early, had arrived minutes before the rehearsal began, hahaha. Kaloka. Ganun pala ang ibig sabihin ng before the 2pm rehearsal. As in right before talaga. As it turned out, Lara had quite a tough time getting to the venue due to the commute, so Lawyn had to make a contingency plan that involved me as one of the back-up spellers. So I ended up joining the bee along with RJ, Rayna and Dingdong. Gave them a John Moschitta version of the briefing before we went inside the house. Lara arrived a few minutes later, so she ended up just watching the show.

So I ended up being a returning contestant, but because of the pressure that I was a "very good speller" according to Ms. Peretti, I was immediately eliminated, hahaha! It was fun watching the show again, though, and I'm glad my recruits enjoyed the show as well. Thanks again, Atlantis!

Lara, Dingdong, RJ and Rayna.
(My breast friend, my stepson, my syotang bakla, and my fellow early bird.)


For you, yes, YOU reading this blog. If you haven't seen Atlantis Productions' 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, it will run for a limited engagement from July 3 to 12, 2009 at the Carlos P. Romulo Auditorium, RCBC Plaza, Makati, so please come and watch! Call 892-7078 for tickets.

After the show, Lara, Dingdong and I hung out at Kopi Roti to just talk and chill. Yay, thanks for the treat, Dingdong! Hahaha, the "dashing divas" are reunited once again. I love it when the three of us hang out together. No matter how serious, mundane or random our topics of conversation are, witty banter is always expected, be it intentional or not (the latter usually applies to Lara, hahaha).

Kopi Roti with the Divas.
Here's to Harmony's upcoming reading!

19 comments:

  1. i spelled in the evening tdr haha.

    i must say, it's my 15th or 16th time na to watch the show, but i'd still learn something new every show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This got me even more excited for Friday!:D Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, I heard nga na Blue Rep and Spring Awakening people were at the evening DTR. Who else spelled with you?

    This is only my 2nd time to watch the show. Did Logainne have that eye nuance na during the 1st run? I noticed it now lang because we were sitting on the 2nd row, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pogi, thank RJ and company for us. It was fun spelling with you guys (and with you again). I worked with RJ in BlueRep Bare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heya Felix! Will tell them. Thanks to you guys also! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wahahaha, yes, I am the juice box queen, HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yaaay! Hahaha, buti na lang pupunta sila diyan para makanood ka. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hogi! Akala ko ako ang 1st lucky texter? :) Thanks for the invite and my thanks to Atlantis folks as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ay, shet, oo nga no! Nalagay ko yata si RJ first kasi tumawag talaga siya to guarantee himself a slot, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i forgot the names of the others eh. :)) ditz moment.

    yeah it's been there since i started watching. it has a sort of different feel now. it's like there's more character, the innocence is really there. oh and i wanted to cheer like hell after logainne's speech!! SHE'S RIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha, goes to show how malabo my vision is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Hogi. Pwede ba mag-plug? If not, you can delete this message. Hehe.

    Hello to Hogi's friends! Hehe. I'm selling tickets to tomorrow's (July 5) 3pm Spelling Bee show. Let me know na lang if you're interested! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heya Jess! Hahaha, go lang! Bukas na rin show niyo eh, para na rin makahabol sila if they want to watch tomorrow.

    OK, guys, I know a bunch of you still come back to this post because of frequent comments, so please make Jess, Atlantis and me happy by supporting tomorrow's 3pm show, hahaha. Go to the link below for more details.

    http://jessicamanalo.multiply.com/journal/item/2/The_25th_Annual_Putnam_County_Spelling_Bee

    ReplyDelete