Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Finding that classic Aladdin lunchbox.

Remember those Aladdin lunchboxes back in the 80s that almost every kid had? Yes, it's the one with the thermos inside whose cap that matched the color of the lunchbox can double as a cup. Ever since I saw one backstage in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe back in 2003 (I think it was Patrick, one of the make-up people, who owned it), I've been searching for one myself. You can't seem to find any original Aladdin brand lunchboxes anymore. Well, I'm not really planning to use it as a lunchbox, anyway. It could be a cool-looking kikay kit or express SM kit.

Then lo and behold, when Tita Lorie's package had arrived this morning from California, one of the containers she had used to put in some hard-to-find toiletries was this...


Hahaha, it used to be Albert's lunchbox from his kindergarten days. Well, that's what it had said on the name sticker that I patiently removed from the back. Once we had taken out the contents, I immediately took the lunchbox and washed it and now it's finally mine, yaaay! And the design on the front is Lazer Tag, which is so classic 80s as well, hahaha. It's a little scratched up, but I don't care. I finally have that Aladdin lunchbox that I was looking for!

Shallow post, I know. But certain original 80s stuff are pretty hard to find these days, so this is quite a treat for me.

4 comments:

  1. ooohh,.....makes me want to search for the one i used to have...the other design of that lunchbox where the drink bottle is stored on the top half of the box....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I'm looking for? Bow Biters! For bespren. Her laces always get untied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, I think I used to have one of those din.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, balitaan mo ako when you find any. =)

    ReplyDelete