Monday, July 27, 2009

Watching.

Having bought a ticket in advance for Dinig Sana Kita for Cinemalaya, Bong had mentioned that he liked it enough to bring tears to his eyes. I was pretty intrigued already as the film featured deaf students from CSB. Upon reading the synopsis, I at first thought that the plot could be predictable about the blossoming friendship between a deaf guy and a girl who can hear.

Of course, you can't really tell anything if you only base it on the short synopsis. Sure, the friendship between Kiko and Nina was sort of abrupt during the camp/immersion part of the film. But the real development actually evolved once they had left the camp.

This film had its tearjerker moments, but there were times that when you feel that your eyes are already welling up with tears (I caught a lot of people in the audience trying to be discreet in wiping their tears away), there would be a punchline or a funny moment that would leave you chuckling instead. Ayan, bitin tuloy ang iyak mo, hahaha. I have to admit, even in the scene where Kiko had finally finished installing the wooden boards and sound system on the walls of his room just so he can listen to "Sa Ugoy Ng Duyan," my eyes were already filling up with tears, hahaha.

I remember back during my very first term in CSB, I was sitting alone in one of the gazebos in Plaza Villarosa, and a group of deaf students were in the gazebo next to mine. I was just sitting there, watching them speak to each other, and noticed in their gestures and expressions that they were gradually getting excited over something they were talking about. I told myself then that deaf people would make really good actors, considering how expressive their gestures and faces (especially their eyes) were. The film Dinig Sana Kita pretty much justified what I was thinking a little over 8 years ago.

Hahaha, goes to show that random people watching can be oh so interesting if you look at everything differently.

Speaking of people watching, I was sitting at the McDonald's across from my village during late Saturday afternoon, just having an early dinner, and then I noticed this group of girls at the table next to mine. They were just sitting there, talking loudly, and putting on make-up the whole time. I mean, how rude naman. Kaya nga may bagong-bagong lugar na tinatawag ay banyo, para dun kayo mag-ayos eh. I don't want to knock on what they look like, baka lumabas pa na masama ako, ahehe. Out of annoyance, I let it out by texting my friends. I just had to laugh loudly at Lara's reply to my text: "I had a feeling. Ang mga babaeng nagme-makeup ng todo at di makahintay pumuntang banyo ay... pangit." HAHAHAHA!

Mean, I know, but I couldn't help laughing at that text.

4 comments:

  1. dito pa nga lang, naluluha na ko, how much more if i'm watching it na?

    haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patay tayo dyan. Utang na loob, Claire. Wag ka na manood! HAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahahaha, shet, hindi mo talaga mapipigilan. Pramis. Pero nakakatawa talaga na iiyak ka tapos biglang matatawa sa ibang moments.

    ReplyDelete