Friday, July 17, 2009

The annual haircut.

For La Cancion Del Olvido, Paul had asked that we not cut or color our hair prior to the shoot. I didn't mind at all because I almost never cut my hair. Until today, hahaha.

It seems that I only have my hair cut about once or twice a year (yes, talk about hair care delinquent, hahaha) because I like wearing it long, and really short hair makes me look like a turtle. Ahehe, I only cut it when I'm more excited than anxious about getting a haircut. So anyway, after the shoot, I was finally itching to have a haircut, trim, whatever.

I finally decided that today was haircut day. It was supposed to be yesterday, but the darn rain wouldn't let up even for a little bit. I guess what the rain needed was a class-suspension scare for it to slow down to a drizzle, hahaha. Anyway, I headed to McDonald's Taft first because of pending accounts from La Cancion Del Olvido. Perfect excuse to see the cast again, and we couldn't help cracking up over the famous "Upe," and Mash showing that darn video all over again. Of course, we also couldn't help but bring up Ate Jeanette and Tita Zeny's appearance in the latest Nestea commercial, which led to some of us imitating them, hehehe. (I have to admit, I had never seen the commercial before then, and as luck would have it, I finally saw it on the bus TV during the ride back to the south, hahaha)

I have to say, no matter how different all the people I've worked with in this thesis film were, I actually like them, hahaha. They're all equally quirky. Hahaha, Kuya John even thought that Ate Jeanette and I were sisters.

So anyway, when everyone dispersed, I hopped on a bus back to the south and went straight to my hairdresser's salon. Hahaha, aside from the hairdresser from my aunt's defunct parlor, Odessa is the only who I allow to cut and style (huwat?) my hair, as he has been cutting my hair since I was 5 years old. Ahehe, apparently, he was annoyed at my bangs since I cut it myself 2 years ago and made me promise not to cut bangs again. Well, I have to admit, even though it looks cute, bangs don't really match my small forehead. So anyway, because I decided to chop of those long layers to even out my hair, I'm back to the basic straight cut. At least it would be easier to dry my hair again in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment