Thursday, July 16, 2009

Semi-spur-of-the-moment Makati visit.

Went to Makati after class yesterday for some "quality time with myself" after a midterm. I had planned to go "kikay shopping" (as my best friends and I would say) for a few essentials, plus I wanted to drop by Atlantis as well as I had promised them I would. I decided to do the latter would so I wouldn't have to rush my shopping time.

Arrived in the office just after Bobby had left with Kuya Boni for an errand. Everyone else was there, goody. More chika and kulitan galore. When Lawyn went out to BPI and DHL to run a couple of errands, I went with her so I can say hi to Nikki and Ria, our favorite tellers in the bank. Too bad they weren't there when we were there, but the guard (Mang Corey?) still remembered me, hahaha. Charo had arrived at the office when we returned, as she had dropped off some photo CDs from Spelling Bee's last run.

Haha, an hour and a half after they had had lunch, Claire was getting hungry again, so we went to Mini Stop to buy ice cream. Yaaay, coffee crumble. Bobby had arrived at the office (Kuya Boni had arrived earlier) while we were in the middle of wrestling with the first layer of rock-hard ice cream, and of course he still acknowledged me as "Pogi," hahaha. Ever since Ms Bernice's son Pepe had called me that, he never let hear the end of it that even Felix started calling me that.

We noticed that Charo had a Mary Kay brochure with her, so Claire and I started flipping through it. Hahaha, it reminded me of what I needed to shop for. Anyway, while we were talking make-up, Claire gave Charo and me extra gift bags from Kryolan that weren't given away. Whee, thanks! Haha, buti nalang sumakto yung shade ng Derma Color.

Anyway, Teena was texting me earlier that she was bored and we had decidedt o meet up in the area. I managed to make my French exit with Charo when she had to leave as well. Found Teena at the Landmark food court, and we managed to chat up a storm, especially about her search for a perfect birthday present. Hahaha, she even got this travel Taboo game for herself at Toy Kingdom, plus some little toy animals for classes.

After a while, we finally left and made a "magical" (her word, not mine, hahaha) attempt to help me shop for make-up essentials, as my current supply is ready to expire. And of course, if you know me well, wala talaga akong alam sa "kakikayan." Kamusta naman at nagsama pa kaming parehong walang alam, hahaha. But we managed to find the right stuff that I need, at the same place where one saleslady once tried to sell me mascara by saying, "Parang naka-fake eyelashes lang po kayo." Hahaha, fake eyelashes talaga eh.

I was supposed to have my hair cut today as well, but I guess it was meant to be that I didn't have the time. Hahaha, I even debated with myself about just getting a trim, or go for another shorter cut. I also made a small survey among my friends, asking, "To cut or not to cut?" Ahahaha. Four of them said not to cut it (and Iam even added that I curl it na lang, as if kukulot itong buhok kong ito), and two told me to go for the cut.

I just realized that my time in Makati was supposed to be quality time with myself but I ended up spending it with friends, which is just as good anyway, hahaha.

2 comments: