Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lost in Cinemalaya.

Lame effort to make a catchy title, hahaha.

I didn't get to enjoy last year's Cinemalaya Film Festival because I was sick that week, so I only got to watch one film.This year, I only got to go to CCP yesterday for Cinemalaya, even though it had already opened last week. I had no idea what to watch upon arriving, and I didn't really want to base it on who's acting in it or who's directing it or whoever (which is what some people do), so I just grabbed one of the schedules, and decided on Last Supper No. 3. Immediately bought a ticket for the 3:30 pm screening then waited for Tad to finish at the gym.

I haven't seen Tad much lately because of schedules, so we decided to meet for lunch (my treat--a rare moment, hahaha). After lunch, we found Chrome and Russ in the lobby, enjoying the sights, hehe. There were so many girls from Miriam College that day, as I think they were required to attend the Cinemalaya that day because I had overheard from a few girls that they were looking for the attendance check. Tad and I headed to the Conference Room for a while so he can charge his laptop (which Riki had been using earlier) plus so I can copy some songs from his iTunes. After a while, we returned to the LT lobby and joined Chrome, Russ and Max until I had to head over to the MKP for Last Supper No. 3.

The film was pretty funny, no matter crazy the issue was about paying off certain debts. Hmmm... sounds familiar, hehe. But I liked the light-hearted take on the situation. Joey Paras was, without fail, hilarious. And it was also amusing to see Ness as the young lawyer.

After the film, I re-read the synopsis of some of the other films and decided to buy a couple of tickets in advanced, because some of the screenings for the other days to come were already sold out (like Shorts A, darn it, so lesson learned). While standing in line at the box office and just standing around until I left, I now leave some quotable quotes.

Girls who just arrived in CCP...
Girl 1: (excitedly) Pumunta na tayo dito diba?? Anong pinanood natin??
Girl 2: (equally excited tone) Nakalimutan ko na!!
Wow, so I guess going to CCP was quite a treat for you girls?

Girl ahead of me at the box office, availing of the student discount...
Girl: Estud-YANte poh.
Nice kolehiyala accent you got there. Effort pa, pwede namang sabihing "student" kung hirap kang magsalita ng Tagalog.

Roli Inocencio, talking to Bong, Chrome and Russ.
"Wala kayong pelikula? OK lang, mag-concentrate muna kayo sa theater. Ang dami kasing sabik mag-cross over."
I have to agree with you on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment