Monday, March 1, 2010

February update.

After a month-long run, Rent Manila 2010 had finally closed. And I have to say that I'm relieved. Yes, I loved the company of the crazy people behind this production, but of course, the actual production is another story. I have my own opinions about that, which I'd rather not post here in public for now. Maybe if you ask me nicely, I'll tell you in person. That, among other things. There are stuff that I should have thought more about and should've been prepared for, but I guess we still learn, anyway. I wonder if I'm welcome to join the evaluation meeting they're going to have.

I guess got a wee bit saturated by the musical that I welcomed the day I went to see a preview of TP's Tatlong Mariya, where I was truly impressed by the ensemble work. I can't wait to watch it again.

Of course, I still have those good and bad days this past month. And the bad days are getting fewer and farther apart, which I'm really grateful for. And I owe it to all my friends that have been constantly been keeping in touch and keeping me sane. I remember having dinner with a couple of friends and assuring them and myself that I'll be fine, which eventually happened. I met up with another friend and hung out for a couple of hours at a coffee shop, and found myself smiling like crazy afterward. Three friends from the same circle came to watch a Rent show, and spent the wee hours of morning talking. Oh, the simple joys are endless if you just let them come.

I wasn't really planning on attending the cast party last night, but hey, I never hung out with them much because I always preferred to go home right after every show. Plus it would be a nice change of routine. Heck, talk about change of routine. The entire staff of the musical was called onstage after the final company call for a nice finale. We all ended up singing "Seasons of Love" to the ones who came to see the final show. (Nice seeing Ting, Patton, "Sir" Dante and Reg in the crowd, plus Gigo, Dax and Toff who started the standing ovation.)

So anyway, it was off to Toff's house for the cast party, and he got Sober Club. Woohoo! Honestly, it was my first taste of Sober Club, but I was open to anything, because heck, my clique are really hard drinkers, so it's pretty hard not to be one either, or a social drinker, at least, hahaha. Crazy actors kept emphasizing the "newly-single" status, originated by Noel, ano baaaa. I watched the others in awe as I saw them down the craziest concoctions with funny names, until I found myself strapped on someone's lap and experienced the sensation of having your mouth lit with a cigarette lighter while you still have liquor inside. Hahaha. And to think that I was in the middle of a serious conversation while this was going on.

One thing that slipped my mind was that I forgot that I wasn't paid yet for my last two shows as an usher, and I only remembered it after Carlos had left, ahaha. Oh well, next time.

Spent the entire night amidst all the crazy antics and talking, and avoiding the edge of the pool just in case someone would be tempted to push me into the pool like half the people who came to the party. Poor Robbie got thrown into the pool by OJ and ended up with his previous phone all wet and useless. Heck, Bek even woke up to people carrying her, attempting to throw her in, and only managed to escape the first attempt.

Got home just when the sun was rising at 6 this morning, and spent the entire morning sleeping.

Rent's book has closed. Time to open a new one.

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog :P pretty interested with your comments about the show :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, after the story you experienced in Avenue A tumambling ka na sa Avenue Q...ulit. haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhm, Nico... sa susunod na natin pag-usapan yan, hehehe. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahahaha, ano buh. Love ko ang Avenue Q, because the rest is way out of my price range, hahahaha! Ceejay and I are still in New York, pero Avenue Q na imbis na Avenue A. =)

    ReplyDelete