Monday, March 15, 2010

So far, so good, but everything is only for now.

Avenue Q's first weekend just ended. Two more weekends to go. I'm still on ushering duty, and I have to be honest, but ushering for this is easier than the last one. (Some of you may know why.)

I won a free buffet dinner from a raffle last month, and I decided to indulge myself ever since I sort of altered my eating habits. I need to spoil myself every once in a while. So as a spur-of-the-moment follow-up to our coffee session one time, I invited Joel to pig out with me last Wednesday, as the gift certificate was good for 2. He returned the favor in Starbucks after dinner.

Immediately reported to Avenue Q for ushering duties the following day, side by side with the Blue Rep people. I didn't mind doing little ushering duties for this show, because Avenue Q has a special place in my heart (ahahaha) because I was there when its first Manila run began.

I have to say, there are still some times that I hate to be alone with my thoughts, so I always try to surround myself with friends who won't talk about certain topics to distract me, or I just try to keep myself busy with other things. But I still believe that these feelings will pass soon. Like they said in Avenue Q, "everything in life is only for now."

Got to watch Tatlong Mariya again with Betty, Opa, Tin, Rayna, Lucien, Carms and Jay. We decided to sit on the bleachers parallel to where Betty, Opa, Joey and I sat during one of the preview shows. My goodness, now there's a group of talented actors. I haven't finished reading the English text yet (as I'm still in Act 1), but this talkie piece is really intense. I love how the ensemble worked together.

I'd rather not write a critique anymore. I'd rather not make much comments on this, because I only wanted to watch it again to enjoy the piece even more. Isn't it more enjoyable to do just that instead of being so critical of everything?

And by the way, I wish others wouldn't be so defensive and short-tempered. I'm just trying to make conversation.

By the way, I learned something new this past week. The Greek word "hypokrites" (known in English as "hypocrite") used to be a technical term for a stage actor. Randomly sharing.

7 comments:

  1. oy hogi haaaaa. pag may libre, or kahit wala ewan. hahaha. basta kailangan mapanood ko yang avenue Q this time.hihihihihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teka laaaang, di nga ako sure kung makakahagilap ako ng compli. Basta pag may nakuha ako, magreply agad, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hogi, parang may laman naman ang last paragraph mo. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At yun talaga ang pinansin mo eh, hahaha. Segue lang siya, plus it's something I learned during a dinner with a friend. Natuwa lang ako kasi oo nga no, it's true kasi actors are merely "play-acting," showing a different persona. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two weekends left to catch Avenue Q! Waah! Where do I get tickets?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The link below has a listing of all showbuyers' contact details. =)

    http://atlantisproductionsinc.com/tickets.htm

    ReplyDelete