Friday, March 5, 2010

Improv theater at its best.

It's been quite a long while since I last saw a performance of SPIT (Silly People's Improv Theater). I believe the last time was when they performed at the CCP for Earth Day last year, along with Nar and this one talented toymaker. But even though I hardly get to watch any of their performances, I still consider myself a fan ever since I first watched them way back in 2004.

Peachy had texted me the other evening asking the Rent cast and staff if anyone would be interested to watch SPIT's show this week (which was last night) at Mag:Net Bonifacio High Street. Of course, I eagerly sent my reply.

Met up with Tin at Every Nation during the late afternoon, and we headed to Market Market to have a light dinner. Settled at KFC where Peach caught up with us, and we went around for a while, just following Peach as she searched for a hair dryer in the department store and various stuff in National Bookstore. Aside from Peachy's purchases, all three of us ended up buying similar pens, hehehe. Anyway, Tin had to leave by then for her small group, so Peach and I went around the mall some more, just window-shopping, until we had to meet with Robbie, Teena and Sundee at Brothers Burger.

Teena brought Pixy Stix! Our sugar drug for the night, hahaha. After they had a bite at Brothers Burger, we all headed to Mag:Net. Ended up sitting at the table way up front. Haha, we were still at it with the Pixy Stix, but of course we had to buy some drinks as well. Gary also came and joined us, but I guess the rest couldn't make it.

The show started pretty late, but what the heck, it was totally worth it. I had never laughed my ass off that hard in quite a long time, so I was pretty glad to be entertained by the wonders of improv, something I'm kind of weak at, but would like the try someday. There were familiar sets, and I especially loved the improv jokes (Smurfs and gargoyles galore) and "Inspiration," and of course, my ever-favorite, the 3-headed Oracle.

Right on until the very end, every moment was laugh-until-your-ribs-ached funny, and I'm so glad I went.

Toff managed to catch up when the 2nd set was about to end, and Anna had even messaged to tell us that she and Santi are still going to try to catch up, even though the show was over and it was already past midnight. They still wanted to meet for the 9 Works Theatrical anniversary party (for tomorrow, Saturday), so we ended up going to the Starbucks at the gas station to talk for a while before we all called it a night.

I won't be going to that party, though. I do need quality time for my other friends, and besides, I've already been detached from the very beginning, so withdrawal isn't really a problem with me. It's a date with Lara and Dingdong tomorrow for a play and a long-overdue bonding session.

1 comment: