Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The wonders of randomness.

Even though I almost always prefer to be prepared for certain things, I do enjoy a bit of randomness from time to time. Which is why last year's Tagaytay road trip was one of the highlights of last year. We just decided to go on a whim, as it started with just a quip, and we didn't plan anything on the day itself. It's amazing how a very small amount of money could go a long way that day.

I also like how random Facebook can be. I always smile whenever I see the right part of the screen list a friend that I haven't talked to in ages, and Facebook would say, "Reconnect with him/her" or "Say hello." It reminds me of what I always used to do to my friends. Call them on their landline, or send a personal text message to simply tell them that I miss them.

Drei is the master of randomness. He once called me while I was at work, so I had to leave the theater just to take his call. And the first thing he said to me when I answered the call was, "How does Palawan sound?" Niiiice. We'll see, but I can't wait!

Of course, Drei was also the one who introduced me to MLIA (MyLifeIsAverage.com). I love that site. Reading all those entries always makes you look at life a little differently, and make the little things more fun. Good vibes like simple joys and optimism are the ones that give me lots more good reason to smile every day.

Avenue Q re-opens this Friday. A play that's not entirely positive, but still makes you feel hopeful. Chapters have closed in my book, but to quote a line from Sweet Charity, I'm now living "hopefully ever after."

Wait, I don't think that last part made sense. Oh well, hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment