Sunday, August 8, 2010

Crashing, but ending the week was the best.

I was pushing myself to the extreme during these last few days of the past week, but it was great to cap the entire week with a movie with some friends.

Last week, I was trying to decide whether to take this class that used to just be exclusively offered to the TP Actors Company, and was pleasantly surprised to find out that they were opening it to a few outsiders. Gino and Rayna had told this to the day before their first class, so it took me a while to decide, considering my budget, time, and of course, "given circumstances" that personally hinder me. I even talked it out online with Joel (who said that he was also wondering about my posts on making decisions), and as he gave me more insight, I realized that it was not just a matter of personal issues with someone, but also a matter of personal issues with myself, my path to discovering who I am and my passions in life.

Eventually, I finally decided to take the class. I got copies of required reading materials from Riki and Gino, and spent my meager free time reading up. Heck, by the time Friday came, I was still reading, even during work (ack). I was running on a few hours of sleep because of Cats merchandise duty the night before, but I still barreled through. Riki had said that he plans to meet us newbies at around 12:30 at the conference room, but he said that he was sort of running late, so I ended up just sitting in the south entrance, making small talk with Tad while he was waiting for Banaag at Sikat rehearsals to start in the LT.

Soon, the new AC scholars started trickling in, and Marco also had recruits in tow, Kiki and Harold. Once we were all complete by 1pm, Sir Dennis finally arrived and we all greeted him a belated happy birthday. In return, he passed around a box of yummy lemon squares from Becky's Kitchen, hahaha.

We started discussing John Millington Synge and Riders to the Sea. I remember reading this way back in 2001, but never got to absorb it, because I never really enjoyed the class. Or maybe it was because of the teacher. Oh well. But reading it again now, considering all that we discussed that day, I came to appreciate the play much more.

I have to say, I'm grateful for grabbing this opportunity to take this class, because this is the closest thing to being part of the Actors Company for me, ahahaha! Well, seriously, they really have good training, and it's kind of rare that they opened this class to a few outsiders.

Because I was still lacking sleep, I was practically crashing during our vacant periods that night in the Main Theater lobby. I didn't really want to drink any coffee, because for sure that would be pushing my limits. Instead, I just waited it out until I got home, got in a couple more hours of sleep before I had to wake up to go to work on a Saturday morning.

Rayna and I had made plans the day before to watch Inception on Saturday afternoon after her voice class, but then her class got canceled, plus Opa had also agreed to meet us before she had to go to work in the evening. I managed to get in a good few hours of sleep in the lounge before I met up with Opa in Glorietta, where we had a late lunch and nonstop talking. Rayna was running late, but by the time she arrived, we were all chattering nonstop, and even more when we found out that Opa's dubbing duty that night was canceled. So yay, all three of us could watch the movie together. Anyway, more chika galore, plus some "the who" blind items and quotable quotes...

"Anong kino-collect mo sa buhay?"
"Friends."
Ahahahaha, at may pahabol pa! "...And memories."
(Sabay tapon ng bag si Opa.)

"Magaling siya kumanta. Magaling siya sumayaw... Yun lang."
BWAHAHAHA. Sino kaya ito?

We then went to the grocery to buy some snacks, and noticed someone was texting Rayna. Tama ba namang humirit na nagsasama ang mga malulungkot at single. Sorry, masaya kami dahil wala ka, hahahaha. I love Rayna's comeback.

Inception was awesome! I love it so much that I'm thinking of watching it again. Kinda makes you think even more. Arg, hahaha. It's the type of movie that makes you still sit while the credits roll, and the first thing you could say was, "Good movie" before you had start analyzing the story, hahaha.

It's a great way to cap the week with a couple of good friends, like last week as well. I hope weeks always end like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment