Monday, August 16, 2010

Positive.

It's becoming a running joke between a bunch of friends about how a lot of people have gone emo. I, for one, refused to admit to being emo myself for a time, but when I woke up this morning, I told myself to just shut up, and just be optimistic. Take out all the negative vibes. It's time for emo-busting, hahaha.

So to start off, here's a couple of overdue quotable quotes that I never got to post during a Peaberry session.

(While in the car)
Drei: *ranting* Kasi--OHMYGOD, YOU GOT THINNER!!!
Me: Huh?
Drei: You... you... I can see your neck.
So dati wala akong neck?? Wahahaha.

While in Peaberry with Drei and Carla, brainstorming.
Drei: *pensive mode* [talking about play] *takes a bite of chimichanga* So--OHMYGOD, ANG SARAP!!!

Ang generous niya sa exclamation points, ahahaha.


Anyway. So going back to the present. So yesterday was the day I got to watch Cats. I decided to meet up with Gino for lunch before he heads over to Banaag at Sikat rehearsals. I enjoy these spare moments with friends like him before going somewhere. Had lunch at Reyes Barbecue while chatting, talking about his own certain moments (ahehehe). I love how he's so happy about things are going with him lately. He truly deserves it. At may theme song na kami, and it appropriately played at the right time while we were there, hahaha! "That's what friends are for," diba? Wahahaha.

Talking to a bunch of friends and letting out some steam if something irks you really helps a lot. You can go all emo, but just for a while, because hey, who can stand listening to someone who's so emo all the time, right? Hahaha.

Emo. I actually loathe the word, bwahahaha.

One should always enjoy simple joys. Like simple cream of mushroom soup.


Now that's a yummy piece of simple joy. Comfort food, hahaha.

And of course, it also helps to find something as an outlet to de-stress. Thank goodness for crochet projects. I always have one nearby when I'm working in the office.


Yes, I'm working on a floppy hat for myself. Up next, a little baby bonnet for an arriving newborn. =)

After work today, I headed to Atlantis for a visit, plus the fact that it's Lawyn's birthday today. She bought us lunch from World Chicken (one of my favorites), plus there was also the cake Ate Sally and Claire ordered from Sugarhouse. My goodness, after chicken with pesto and mashed potatoes, a rocky road mudslide was way too sinful. Thanks for the treat, Lawyn!


I then headed to Greenbelt to have my eyes checked, as I'm overdue for new contact lenses. The doctor at Sarabia then checked my eyes and made me read these insanely small texts, up to the point where I could only see spots (though she said that it was perfectly natural, because the latter ones were already impossibly small for anyone to see, anyway). She made me wear the lens contraption longer than usual so I could easily get used to the new grade that she slipped on.

And once I had taken it off and asked for the prescription, I was amazed to find out that the grade of my eyes had lowered one step! Yay! So now, I'm also thinking of buying an extra pair of contact lenses, this time either in blue or brown. To you, yes, you, the one who's reading this, which should I get, brown or blue colored contact lenses?

I was so happy to learn about my eyes' grade that I gleefully walked back to Atlantis. As I approached the automatic doors near Delifrance, I noticed that it was already closing, so I calmly walked toward it so it will open again. It didn't. Hahaha!

I just stared at the doors for a moment, then said out loud (to the amusement of the security guard inside and 2 men standing outside), "Nasaraduhan ako."

It was like an MLIA post come to life. Hindi naramdaman ng doors ang presence ko, ahahaha. Yes, I'm a ninja again, ahehehe. I ended up chuckling to myself the rest of the way back to Atlantis.

If that weren't enough, I had a nice casual but comforting chat with a friend this evening. I didn't really expect much advice from him, but in the end, I realized that I should've come to him sooner, as he was full of great advice. Thanks for the talk, I truly appreciate it. And hindi pa rin bagay sa iyo ang pagiging modest, but yeah, malakas pa rin talaga ang dating mo. Uber thanks for the great insight.

Yep, in the words of Elle Woods, "Keep it positive." So the little optimistic ol' me is back.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the positive energy. It ripples and I feel it just reading your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! Glad you liked it. It's about time I stopped dwelling on the negative. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me share with you a chapter from a book called "Blessings".

    I PRACTICE OPTIMISM AS A CONSCIOUS CHOICE.

    In times of loss and difficulty, I choose to consciously deepen my strength through actively seeking the blessing hidden in my adversity. I do not deny my painful feelings or run from them but I do choose to move through them, seeking the opportunity for insight that lies for me on the other side. I do not suffer for the sake of suffering or mistake pain as the only soil for my spiritual growth. Instead, I remind myself that suffering and pain are temporary while my spiritual comfort is eternal.

    Knowing this, I open my heart to the timeless comforts which the Holy Spirit provides. I take comfort in the moistening rain, in the scent of flowers in the tall oak offerming its shade. Even when deeply troubled, I seek to find the Holy Spirit in the midst of my suffering. I soften my heart to the gentle touch of comfort. I allow the Holy Spirit to touch and transform my grief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that! Thanks for the quote, Rico!

    ReplyDelete