Thursday, August 26, 2010

Long Wednesday; from Makati to UP.

I didn't expect yesterday to be a long day, but I sure had fun.

Let me just share first. I finally finished the crochet hat that I was working on in the office during calls, hahaha! My next project will be Baby Evan's bonnet for when he arrives.

And I just want to let this out first. Whoever said those things about me, please naman, base it on the truth. If you think that that was the reason I'm there, it goes to show how little you know of me. If you want so much for it to be exclusive, go ahead. Pero sana naman hindi mo dinaan sa pagsusumbong ng something na walang katotohanan. And saying that I'm too close to someone or a a group, especially that one in particular? Hindi mo nga ako kilala. Pero sige, you got what you want. It's not really a big loss for me. Ayoko lang ng may mga nagsasabi ng kung anu-anong kasinungalingan tungkol sakin. Please lang. It's pathetic and cowardly. Sana dinerecho mo muna sakin.

Yun lang. Anyway, I've moved on. Hahaha. Moving on, moving forward, keeping positive.

So after work yesterday, I went with Lawyn to Xanadu's rehearsal venue for their bloggers' conference. We got there pretty early, so I went with her to the warehouse first to get some stuff and check out the set that was being built there. Haha, it's nice to know that Kuya Jimmy still remembers me. And I can't wait to see the set on the stage of RCBC. I didn't want to take a photo of anything, of course, but I'm exciting to see something onstage. There are some stuff there that was reminiscent of Miss Batoctoy's Stage FX class.

Anyway, back to the studio just in time, as the pizza for the bloggers had already arrived. Just killed time outside the rehearsal venue until the cast had finished their run, then we were finally led inside.

I'll post about the bloggers conference in another entry. For now, let me just share that it never really dawned on me that I have a recorder in my phone, and realized it too late already, as I was scribbling away half the time, ahahaha. By the way, nice to see you again, Arjay! Nice meeting you as well, Chuck!

After the bloggers conference, I took a jeep to Ayala, and during the ride, I was thinking on what to do before I head over to UP to watch Orosman at Zafira. Before I thought of hanging around the mall, I remembered that Sam had left my Cats souvenir programs at the Ticketworld office, so I decided to walk over there to pick it up. After that, I decided not to hang around the mall anymore, because that meant going back to the other end of Ayala. Instead, I took a bus to Buendia-Taft, so I could take an FX taxi there to Diliman. That way, I can sit during the entire ride, plus grab a bite to eat at Philcoa while killing time.

I had dozed off during the ride, and when I woke up, we had stopped at a gas station nearing Welcome Rotunda. A smelly guy had boarded the FX and sat behind me (I was sitting up front in the passenger seat, and the only other passenger was also behind me) and had asked the driver if the vehicle was going to SM North. He looked shady and creepy, aside from the fact that he smelled. Mukhang holdupper, considering dalawa lang kaming pasahero. The driver suddenly said that the FX can only go until Welcome and he made the guy get off. Then he talked to me and the other passenger, telling us to stay for a refund. Apparently, he also had a gut feeling about the smelly guy so he didn't want him to ride. Relief. Thank you, manong driver.

Got off at Philcoa and grabbed a bite at McDo, at the same time taking advantage of their free WiFi so I could kill time, ahahaha. When I had my fill, I boarded a jeep to UP and got off at Palma Hall. There was an event of some sort on the first floor, but I headed directly upstairs to the Guerrero Theater.

Criena was also there at the FOH table, getting her ticket. As it turned out, both of us were watching the show alone, so we just decided to watch it together. Sat around in the lobby, just talking while waiting for the house to open. What amused was that I've always known of her, and we only got personally introduced to each other when Legally Blonde came along, but we never really talked except to say hello. It's nice to always talk to a new friend.

When the house opened, I didn't realize that the venue had reserved seating. To my relief, my seat was on the 6th row, right in the very center. Criena's was 2 seats away from mine, and when the ones who owned the seats between us didn't arrive when the show began, we decided to sit together, ahahaha. Sorry, late kayo eh.

My goodness, the show was spectacular. I remember how my jaw dropped at certain things. I honestly don't know where to start. The set was simple, but can easily be moved about and one transformation after another was easily made with the cast's swift motions. The cast was powerful, and the ensemble was a sight to see, especially during those battle scenes. I first thought, how can the cast keep their energy up with such precise and tiring choreography? But if you keep listening to the live music, pati ikaw magaganahan din. Bow ako sa whole cast. Everyone was equally amazing. I was so glad to catch this show despite the fact that I might have to watch it alone. Criena and I totally enjoyed the experience.

Hung around the lobby after the show to say hello and congratulate some of the cast. Eventually, when the crowd had thinned out, we decided to go as well. Criena and I were supposed to share a cab back to Makati, but there weren't any cabs passing by, plus it was raining, so we just got on a jeep to the MRT. When we also couldn't get a cab there, we just decided to take the bus to Ayala. We ended up catching this weird TV show on the bus TV which seemed like a ripped-off, watered down local version of Jerry Springer, ahahaha.

It was quite a long day yesterday, so I'm glad for the day off today before I head back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment