Monday, July 23, 2007

a theater full of male voices... and the Tukso gala

Once again, I'm blogging when I'm supposed to be sleeping.

This morning, after hearing mass with my dad, I went to Philamlife Theater to meet with Minette. There was a recording of 100 male voices for a film by a Phil-Am (?) director, and she got me to tag along with her, Miss Yvette and Ate Donna. Lots of familiar people from TP were there, as well as other people contacted by Minette, like such as Paulo, Nar, Acey, Obie, Tatang, Joel, Jerald, Leo, Chester, even Bajo, and Kuya Tom. Hahaha, Minette also managed to get Carlo to go, and Carlo got MJ to join as well.

There were 3 groups there, mainly people from Tanghalang Pilipino, the CCP chorale, and students from PUP (no surprise to find Fiancee in the group). Sir Chris (Millado) then briefed them as to what was going to happen. Basically, the male voices were needed to chant, cheer and sing, and to be recording for this film about the World Cup back in 1966 (?) between Germany and England. Hehehe, I even learned a bit of background and history about that particular soccer match. Very interesting. After that, all the guys were asked to go onstage and did some vocal exercises. First, Sir Chris made them do this exercise that required them to shout their names one at a time (beginning with Joel, hahaha) while doing a particular action, as the others echoed it. Workshop? Hahahaha! Then Sir Chris called on Nar for more exercises, then segued into vocalization with Sir Jed. Nyak, some TP people in the back of the bleachers onstage were just laughing in the back, as if they couldn't be seen. Need I mention who they were? Hahahaha. Pasaway.

They were then shown a video clip of the game, and made them shout and cheer in a way that's similar to the audio of the clip. Even more interesting was that after that, because it was a match between England and Germany, they were taught a bit of German, beginning with numbers 1 through 10, hahaha. Oooh, free German lessons.

Minette, Ms Yvette, Ate Donna and I decided to leave the theater for a while to grab a bite to eat at McDonalds. At first we wanted to just have a quick snack, but we ended up having lunch instead. Then we headed back to the theater and found the guys shouting more German words before they had their lunch break.

During the break, I mostly just hung around with the TP crowd, first outside the theater while some of them had their cigarette breaks, then back inside the theater, just sitting around on the first two rows. Hahaha, what's new, Jerald asked for an update on Dogeaters, and instead, I got him to try out for TKM's Sabado sa Sam's this Tuesday. I wonder if he'll go through with it.

When the recording resumed, Minette then had to go back to the TP office to get some things, so I went with her. Holy kamote, there was an evaluation of the Virgin Labfest 3 that day, but hello, how come I wasn't even informed? Oh well. Anyway, it was stifling hot in the office, rawr, and after Minette got everything she needed, we headed back to Philamlife. Huwaw, the guys were all chanting and cheering like crazy already while on their feet and jumping. I was beginning to wonder what was running in Carlo's head then, hehehe. Then they were told that they were to sing "God Bless The Queen" in groups of 10, beginning with the people from TP, naks. They had to do that because they wanted to call back the guys that have the most powerful voices, I think. Hehehe, by the time the TP guys were done and settled back in their seats nearby, some of them had hoarse voices already, holy kamote.

After all the guys had gotten their TF for the day, a bunch of us headed back to CCP for Cinemalaya. I went with Minette to the office because she needed to do a few more things, then we went to post a poster of Pilipinas Circa by the Main Theater doors. Hehe, we even stopped by the Conference Room to sneak a peek at their rehearsal. When Sir Roeder saw me and asked me what I was doing for TP lately, he suddenly said that this should be the last time he sees me working like that. Nyahahay, pressure!

Killed more time at TP before the gala of Tukso at 9pm. Hehehe, nagkaroon pa kami ni Minette ng episode with Carlo prior to the show. HAHAHAHAHA.

Getting sleepy. Will continue with a critique (maybe?) of the film in my next post tomorrow. Need to sleep. G'night world!

6 comments:

  1. antok ka na nga.. di mo pa ko sinama..
    hahahahah!
    Joke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh. Now I really want to attend rehearsals on Tuesday. That's supposed to be one of my nights off. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eep, oo nga no! Sorry! =S
    Ayan, na-edit ko na, hehehe. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I spoke too soon. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ang haba haba naman ng blog na to'!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slight lang, hehe. At inaantok na ako sa lagay na yan ah, hahahahaha! =P

    ReplyDelete