Wednesday, July 25, 2007

more random thinking (what a useless title)

During a phone conversation with one of my best friends (otherwise known as my ex, hahaha), he said that it's not necessary to talk just to get closure. I guess he's right.

I just got a message from Ed this morning, and he says that he's coming to visit Manila again soon! He might arrive on Thursday or Friday at the earliest. Wooohooo! Can't wait to see him again!

Went to CCP to check out Cinemalaya again. Actually, I had no intention of watching anything that day. What a wonderful time to be broke, arg. Being there is like starving in a deli. But it was a good opportunity to meet with Mimay, who was there for the 2-day congress that was held in the Little Theater. And thanks to Betty, even though Barako was already sold out by the time Mimay and I got to the box office, she managed to pull some strings and got us tickets. Thanks loads, Betty! Sorry if I didn't get to finish the film. I was there just to watch your scenes, HAHAHA! Love you, Mama Webb!

It was almost like another reunion with these two girls. I missed being with them. And hopefully our plan to finally stage Nemesis will push through. I sure hope so. Though I don't have a script anymore, as it had turned into confetti during a big fight with my mom. Plus we need another actor who can pull off the other character. Oh well.

Three and a half to four years ago, you wouldn't find me at an event such as the Cinemalaya film festival. Or even at CCP just because I wanted to catch one of their plays. Ever since I met people who had been there because of such passion for their craft, it had rubbed off on me and I frequented my visits to that place until it felt like home to me. Before then, my world of theater mostly revolved around Broadway and West End plays. English plays. I was a fan of Neil Simon's comedies and read his plays over and over again. Back then, if someone had said, "Am I the type of person who would want to watch a play such as ZsaZsa Zaturnnah???" I would've reacted a differently. I would've laughed and agreed, instead of raising my eyebrows. To be honest, when I heard that particular sentence, not just once but twice from the same person, I was kind of hurt that some people would prefer foreign works instead of our own. I've learned to love our local plays and films (mostly indie if not mainstream) ever since I stopped being so eccentric.

Maybe I've become more open-minded due to the influences of the people I met and became very good friends with during my Joseph days. It was because of them that I learned what most real people are like. I was sick and tired of all these plastic people all around me, and before I met them, I was practically surrounded by those kinds of plastics. Not that all of them are plastics, though, hahaha.

Amazing how people can influence your life just like that, huh? I'm grateful for those friends. Hehehe, you guys know who you are.

20 comments:

  1. i feel you on this. i find it rather curious but interesting as well that i have made the friends that i have because of ZZZZM. i've always been a fan of theatre, but as far as local performances, i never really had anyone to tell me "hey let's go watch this and that." i would have ventured off by myself but knowing me, i'd get lost trying to get to ccp. hahaha.

    i enjoy the new friendship i have with you and the rest of the BFFS. i can't wait to spend more time with you guys. you are a very real bunch and that's very hard to find ;) have a good day Hogi Bear :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny no? Hahaha, I particularly enjoy recalling how all of us BFFs met and became friends. I Mahirap din maghatak ng kasama to watch a night or afternoon of theater, so minsan I even watch alone.
    Thanks for the friendship. I know I can be myself around all of you, no walls or whatever. Hahaha, pare-pareho tayong mga sabaw. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. friendships formed in 'weirder' circumstances tend to last longer :P hahaha! im so grateful for having known you. who would've thought that despite everything, we're still the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. different characters... different age groups... all sabaw... nice being with you guys... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. whooshoo different age groups, eh ikaw lang ang naiiba saming mga teenagers eh! hahahahaha. joke lang glennerzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it depends really... it helps to talk but not while it's still fresh... time helps in mellowing emotions and in rationalizing thoughts... and when you talk... remember to trust, forgive and accept... yun lang... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sabi ko nga... teenager ako... hahaha... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, sabaw is what we have in common... Ang saya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, wag na pag-usapan ang age! Isip bata kasi ako eh! =P

    ReplyDelete
  10. True... well, depends na lang siguro on the person you need to settle closure with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Closure? Achuchuchu! Tama, hindi na kailangan nyang closure-closure na yan. Mapapahamak ka lang sa mga closure chorva na yan. Lalo na kung ayan na mag-uusap na kayo tapos hindi mo pa pala alam ang sasabihin mo. Hahay, patay kang bata ka.

    But don't pay any attention to what I'm aying. I'm just rambling. Ewan. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha, may point ka rin! Minsan nga akala ko alam ko na kung ano ang sasabihin ko tapos pag andun na, wala na. Nakakaloka.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really really glad to have met you guys. Sana may isa pang run ng ZZZ! Every run kasi dumadami ng dumadami ang BFFs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. woohoo. nakaka-hook talaga ang ccp/tp/plays/lahat na ng related sa art. Wala akong masabi sa friendship natin from BA days pa lang ang dami na nangyari. Tapos dagdag pa ng kasabawan ng BFF's hindi ko ma-explain pero masaya talaga :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahahaha, oo nga, dumadagdag tayo bawat run! Pero tama na ang ZZZ! HAHAHAHAHA! =P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Korek ka diyan. Syet, matatag ang friendships na nagsimula nung BA days. Labyu Tin! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. mamaya na after 3 mins :))

    seriously, di ko alam puro busy mga tao :(

    ReplyDelete