Wednesday, July 18, 2007

familiar faces

It's amusing to find old classmates in places that you wouldn't expect them to turn up. It doesn't matter whether we were close back then or even friends, hahaha. I'm just glad to see familiar faces.

Like during Labfest this year. I was surprised to find Charissa, my classmate in high school, in CCP right after she had watched the Identity plays in the Conference Room. At first I had no idea she had an interest in those shows, until I heard her talking with her friend about a paper that they had to write. Hahaha, as it turned out, they were required to watch the show for class.

Then I dropped by Portfolio late yesterday afternoon to drop something off at a pictorial for Avenue Q. While I was just sitting around at the table, just killing time, someone appeared at the top of the stairs. There was Qua (whose actual name I forgot for a while, hahaha!), who I think is a make-up artist for Shu Uemura. Funny, he works in the same company as Ems, and he said that she asked him if they're the only 2 people in their class who are working in the chosen field. *taas kilay effect* Right. Nagfi-feeling nanaman. Oops, bitch mode, hahaha.

After I left Portfolio, I dropped by Betty's office building for a visit to cheer her up a little. I hung around for a while with her and Trina in their office, when the door suddenly opened. A girl stepped inside the room, and I just stared at her in surprise until I realized that it was Kat, another classmate back in high school as well as grade school. We're not exactly as close as Charissa and I were, though all 3 of us were in the same class during senior year. So it was amusing to see her expression when Betty had said that we were in theater together. Well, hardly anyone back in Zobel knew that I had this much interest in theater. Ahehehe.

When Raymund picked Betty up from the office and let me ride with them part of the way, Betty suddenly decided to pass by CCP, even though the rain was coming down really hard. Well, anything to perk her up. We went to the Conference Room to sneak a peek at the Pilipinas Circa pictorials for a few minutes. After saying hello to everyone, we went back to the LT lobby. That's when I saw this really slim girl standing by the LT doors talking to an usher. No surprise there. There's only one person I know who looks like that and lugs around a huge bag of camera equipment, hahahaha! It was Shai! Man, haven't seen her in ages, and it seems that she gets thinner all the time.

Giving my glasses a break, hahaha. I got new contact lenses today with the same prescription, then I finally got a haircut. Hahahahaha.

By the way, congratulations to RJ for getting into the short list for Hongkong Disney! Hahaha, I heard a recording of "Last Night of The World" from Paulo's phone, and I just loooove his voice. Good luck, dearie!

No comments:

Post a Comment