Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Best of Virgin Labfest 2

"Anong mga set na ang napanood mo?" Ed had asked me this evening in between shows. "Lahat," I said.

Ahehehe, I had seen all 4 sets of Virgin Labfest 3 the previous week in anticipation of a pick-up rehearsal this week. And today I caught Best of Virgin Labfest 2... uhm, twice.

A whole bunch of us came to see the first show. There was Kat with her high school (?) friend (oops, I forgot her name, sorry!), Joel, Sugus, Russell and Max. Hehehe, as per Joel's advice, we went inside the Batute once we had heard the 3rd chimes go off, just so we can sit in the reserved seats in the front row.

Palanca in My Mind was hilarious when I first saw it last year. It was also funny when I got to sneak into the cast's film viewing a couple of weeks ago. But Joel was right, it was just funny the first time around. It was still fresh then. I guess it was because we had already anticipated all the funny stuff throughout the play.

But of course, I still enjoyed Hubad, and I believe that I won't get sick of it even if I'd already seen it a couple of times already. Nonie Buencamino and Irma Adlawan were amazing. They made us laugh and even made us cry in the end. And their play had persuaded me to come back for the 2nd show.

Hung out practically everywhere in between shows. Because there were only 2 plays showing, there were lots of time to kill. Joined Anna, Tara and Jen at the buff as they ate, then we crossed the street to Jollibee so Tara can get some dessert (even after that leche flan she had). Then we hung out outside the theater entrance with Tad, Kat and Olive, just talking as Tad fooled around with Anna's camera. After some people had dispersed, I ended up with Kat and Tad in the gallery level of Batute. Hahaha, some of the Palanca cast were sleeping downstairs in the bleachers. After lots of time had passed, I found myself back at the main entrance sitting on the steps along with Kat, Max, Chrome, and Mara.

Tita Menchu came to watch the evening show, along with Sir Jaime and Jun O. Tita Mench and I got to chat a little about Oro Plata Mata, and she just had to share how she's fretting that her Tagalog's a little rusty, ahehehe.

Sat with Nix and Kat in the gallery for the 2nd show of Palanca and Hubad. Hahaha, the "invisible" letter that Bong gave to Wenah as Carlos Palanca finally materialized! One thing I vividly remember during this run was the loud laughter from downstairs, courtesy of Sir Jaime, hahaha!

I didn't recall whether the airconditioner was switched off during Hubad, but that's what they did during the 1st show. I was amazed at how fresh Sir Nonie and Miss Irma made each performance, huwaw.

So far, "perfect attendance" ako sa Labfest, ahehehe. Back to serious work on Thursday or Friday. I have yet to coordinate with Nicco, Kat and Missy about that.

14 comments:

  1. Hahaha, ano ba! Manonood rin naman kayo bukas eh. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asus, pwede na yun. Hahaha, baka magsawa ka eh. Parang pinipilit na rin namin minsan ni Kat tumawa kanina sa Palanca. Buti na lang nakakahawa ang tawa ni Wenah, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha! Excited na nga ako eh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, gayahin mo si Tin. Matulog ka na para bumilis ang oras, hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahaha! Nakakatawa talaga yang si Tin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, katawa-tawa nga siya. Idol ako eh, HAHAHA! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ang galing mo! Buti ka pa! Shet! Hubad and Palanca were my favorite plays on last year's labfest! I'm excited to watch it again! Payb-Siks na lang ang kulang buo na ang roster! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ako na naman ang nakakatawa, lagi na lang akong sikat. :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, kung sana lang 3 ang pinapalabas sa Best of Labfest, no? Maganda sana ang Payb-Siks, pero mahina lang talaga ang boses ni Jake Macapagal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ayaw mo nun? Sikat ka! Hahahaha. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oo. Sayang. Gusto ko makakita ulit ng aksyunan. At mga "pagkabilog ng MGA pwet". hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete