Wednesday, July 11, 2007

wrapping up the Labfest

So the previous weekend marked the end of the Virgin Labfest 3. On the last day, Tcel had even said, "Kitakits next year! May date na ang Labfest sa 2008!" Hehe, she had already marked the date.

So what happened during the weekend? Even though our Saturday show was in the evening, I went to CCP in the morning to check all my light cues, as I was told that they had been reprogrammed. Thank goodness I did come early, because some of my lights were altered. Phew.

Checked on my props and costumes (which I had already checked the day before) and looked for an empty dressing room in the Little Theater where I can have my lead actors do a little line-throwing, then went back outside. Found Russell and after going back to the LT to sneak a peek on the ones who will be performing in the play reading that evening, we went off to Mang Inasal for lunch before he had to go to a DTR of Kuyom. I, on the other hand, waited for Nicco, Missy and Kat for their line-throwing. We ended up doing so at Teriyaki Boy instead of the smelly dressing room, hahaha.

Zee, Carlo, Micah, Tin and Glenn all came to watch the afternoon plays, while I stayed in the tech booth. Hahaha, Ola, Ed and I were laughing at this one gay actor in Kuyom who wore his boobs too high. I couldn't help but quip that it was disturbing, and looked like an overdose of pills, hahahaha! Of course, I just had to watch Ellas Inosentes again. Everyone loved that one. Or so I think. I wonder if it's going to be one of the best of this year's Labfest.

Had ample time before our own show, but when I opened the whole thing, I almost completely turned off the house lights on Rody before our play began. Eep. And worse, even though my light cues were all OK, but my music cues weren't! Waaah! I keep forgetting the cues for my sounds to fade out, rawr. I wanted to bang my head on the railing several times. Oh well, at least no one noticed. The 3 plays seemed pretty slow that night. I think I almost fell asleep during Three Sisters. Or maybe I was just lacking sleep.

After putting things away after the show, we went up to the Silangan Hall for the evening's breakout performace, featuring Talahib. Tara was in the group, coolness. I was really dying to go home and sleep, but I didn't really want to be out of the loop, so I stayed until the last song. I was in a lousy mood by then, probably because I really wanted to crash (right), so I guess my goodbyes sounded a little off to some.

Went to CCP on Sunday a little earlier than everyone else again. Actually, everything was all set, because our props and costumes were just put away in the Batute dressing room. I arrived earlier because I wanted to check my music cues, as well as my light cues. Hahaha. But Kuya Joms and Kuya Jerry assured me that I'll do fine, specially since it was going to be the last show. Spent the vacant time taking photos of my props with Bryan, then still with some time to kill, I found myself sitting with Nicco and Nar for a while in the lobby of the Main Theater. Nicco was sort of interviewing Nar about ZsaZsa Zaturnnah, hahaha. Like what was the difference between K and Eula, Tuxqs and Vince, Batute and RCBC, all that stuff.

Crazy, I had called the cast at 1pm, but because of Pilipinas Circa, they were called at 1pm for that as well, so they came in at 2pm for Labfest. Oh well.

I had to take photos of the cast as well, so I spent some time in the dressing room before the house opened. It took a while for some of the others that Ed had Bryan call me because he couldn't open the house unless my group's ready. Nakakaloka. Well, the final show was pretty OK, better than the one the night before, hahaha. After our play, I went back to the LT dressing room to take photos of the ones I didn't have photos of yet. Then I quietly did a strike of my play's props and costumes, moving back and forth between the dressing room and the prop room.

I didn't realize how hungry I was until after the show, when Bryan and I went to the buff to eat. Hahaha. While we were just sitting and talking (and waiting for my phone to finish charging), Carlo, Micah and Glenn suddenly arrived. They were planning to watch the last set's last show that evening. Hung around with them until before the show, and ended up watching Bagahe again. Nar was sitting beside me then, and he fell asleep during the play, hahahahaha! After that play, I found Cindy and Paul in the lobby, so I hung around with them and didn't watch the 2nd play (sorry, Den!). When it was already 9:30, they headed up to the Silangan Hall while I stayed in the lobby with the AC people (all sprawled out on the steps on the LT lobby that led to the Main Theater lobby) as we waited for the 3rd play. Teroristang Labandera's last show was a hit! They were hilarious that I couldn't stop laughing. They kept everything fresh. You guys were great!

Once again, after the show, we all went up to Silangan Hall for Sir Roeder and Paulo's breakout performance. Hahahaha! Gino! He sang "Unexpected Song"! Anyway, once again, I wasn't really in a partying mood. Surprise surprise. After the set, Kat and I rode with Anna back to Taft and headed home.

Labfest is over. What's next? I had expected that this will keep me from going into my drama queen mode, but I thought wrong. Rawr. I remember messaging a bunch of people about my most recent episode with myself, about "what might have been." Arg, frustrating. Stop it, Hogi.

By the way, Transformers rocked! I want to watch it again!

13 comments:

  1. Asus, ayan ka nanaman, Micah eh. Biased ka talaga ever, hahahaha! Pero salamat! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. alam mo hindi ko na binasa ang blog na ito kasi gagawa ako ng assignment pero gusto ko lang talga mag comment.

    hindi halata ang sinasabi mong maling cues mo, aner ber? miss you ate hoggsss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, nahahalata ang pagiging adik mo sa comments.
    Naks, isa ka pang biased na friend. Miss you too, baby Tin. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Favorite ko din ang Ellas!

    Hogi, di nga namin napansin na may mali ka eh. Ang galing galing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yan ang magic ng teatro, hahaha. Di masyadong napapansin ang technicals pag masyadong naka-focus sa actors, hehe. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Basta favorite ko Ellas saka yung play nyo Hogs.
    The best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huwaw, salamat!
    Favorite ko rin ang Ellas. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. favorite ko si tuxqs! :)) (wahahah epal lng)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ibang klase ka talaga umepal eh, hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats hogi! panalo ang mga posts mo sa pagka-detailed, hehe. see you soon!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha, ganyan talaga ako mag-blog. Di naman halata na adik ako no? =P Kitakits! =)

    ReplyDelete