Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Curtains: Tartuffe.

We are now "un-Tartuffeefied." Crazy days of rehearsal and "non-rehearsal" are over. Things were always crazy, and I have to admit that it's quite a relief for it to end. The cast and crew were such great company, and it was a delight spending time (and killing time as well) with them.

It was Tara who told me about this thesis production while we were at one Labfest rehearsal venue. She said that a bunch of them were already casted, but can't commit anymore because they will be involved in The Golden Child. So she gave me a bit of info and I managed to schedule an audition (which lasted for about 5 minutes).

Anyway, yesterday's call time was at 8 in the morning. By the time I arrived, there were only a handful of people. Sigh. Call time seemed useless to some people even on the day of the show. After an hour still, not everyone was there in the theater. Put the camwhoring on hold and began dressing up, especially because lacing up those corsets required the help of another person. My costume had consisted of 4 pieces of clothing, 2 of which needed lacing up from the back. My goodness, because of the corset, my waistline was reduced a few inches, so my skirt felt like it was falling off. Thanks to Allie, we managed to fix it, and keep my petticoat and corset from coming out from my skirt and top. I slipped into them before I had my hair curled. Holy kamote, once again, because of my straight hair, it was uber-tough to curl, but thanks to Kaye, the outcome was pretty good. Yung makeup lang ang hindi ko makayanan. It was the same level as my makeup in Beauty and The Beast 4 years ago, hahaha. But I guess it was pretty close to the makeup they really had during the Baroque period. Holy kamote, from call time until whenever, Jojo was on the thesis group's nerves, as everything wasn't complete. Costumes, backstage assignments, food... oh, so many to mention. In fairness, I love how Lara's costume as Dorine turned out.

We never had a run-through before our 1pm show. We only did a paper tech, then rehearsed the curtain call. Oh well. That's what we get for people not coming in on time, even for once.

1pm show. Because of the non-run through, I realized that the only way to reach stage left was behind those darn bars, if the fireplace wasn't in place. I felt sleepy, and I only became pretty alert during the 3rd act with John and Dingdong. A bunch of forgotten lines here and there, but we barrelled through. But all in all, we did manage to pull off a good show. Wait a minute, was that Sir Tim Dacanay I saw sitting in the front row? Thanks po for watching!

Break time. Found out that our food wouldn't be arriving until half an hour before our evening show, so we had to fend for ourselves. Still in makeup and some of us sporting one piece of costume, we headed upstairs to the cafeteria for food. A bit of rest, then I slipped back into my top (I was wearing only my corset under my jacket the whole time) so I can have my hair curled again, this time by Pangga. Still couldn't get over the makeup when I had it retouched, so I went behind the door to fix it, getting Lara to check it for a second opinion, hahaha.

6pm show. I felt much better with this one, but even with that, I still ended up forgetting the same lines I had forgotten during the first show, hahaha. And because I got more comfortable with my fan, I got a little too attached and found a way to bring it with me until the final act, and Lara even made good use of it, hahaha.

Betty and Opa watched the show! Thanks ladies! Hope you enjoyed, despite your notes, ahehehe. Dinner at Tapa King with the two after the show. Chikahan galore. Man, I missed these girls. Too bad Mimay couldn't make it. There must be a next time, hehe.

Joined a bunch of the cast at Providence for videoke and drinks. Found Jojo, Edz, Lara, Dingdong, Grace, John and Darwin already there, armed with beer and tokens. Hala na, audition na rin ito para sa musical that Dingdong's writing. Jay, his girlfriend and a couple of their other friends dropped by for a while, but after a duet, they all left. Then the rest of the night was full of camwhoring, incriminting photos (HAHAHA), Xanadu, and crazy toasts.

Shoutouts and those darn toasts to follow in a separate blog. Hehehe. Time to grab some photos from everyone's Multiply albums. Congratulations to all those "tartuffified"!

12 comments:

  1. Fun fun fun! :D

    This is only the beginning! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ishare na ang mga notes na yan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, in another blog entry na lang. Or sa reading natin sa Saturday. Tuloy ba? Let's gooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. blogger ka nga.bumenta sakin kasi....hahaha..withdrawal.wahahha.pfft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know what to play next week. take a bow-madonna. hahahahahahah i missssssssss yah hogi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bwahahahaha! Miss you too, Joey! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehehe, congrats, Rianna! Good luck sa defense tomorrow! =)

    ReplyDelete