Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Feeling inferior.

I hate it when I have to be blamed for something I didn't do. It irks me to no end when people avoid their own responsibilities. Que annoying. Oh well.

What I said yesterday sounded pretty pathetic now. At 26, I still feel like I'm such a loser due to certain arrangements for particular situations. Plus I get no acknowledgement whatsoever for the things I've already accomplished. So yeah, I admit, I am quite the pasaway, but have I always been the screwup?

I look at my friends and other people and see how far they've gone. They're happy and content. It always makes me feel... inferior... inadequate. Sometimes I get so paranoid to the point that they talk about me, because I've reached nothing. Well, not exactly nothing. So maybe I've already done a few good things in life, but it feels like nothing compared to what these other people have done. Oh well.

OK, quiet time's over. Lunch time begins now.

14 comments:

  1. All I can say is, I love you, Hogiboo. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hogi, all things in their own time. Maybe your "big thing" is still to happen. Be patient, and proactive. And no, you are not inadequate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. >:D<

    don't worry hogi. dinadamayan kita. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hogi! miss you! cheer up!:) For I know the plans that I have for you, says the Lord, plans to to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a good future..." Jer 29:11

    ReplyDelete
  5. "but it feels like nothing compared to what these other people have done..." oh hogi. doesn't it feel good now that you've blurted it out? [beat] happy force! happy force! miss you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You aren't the first to say this, and sometimes I feel the same way. I think it's because when we were little, we were so much alike our friends, but as we grow older, our choices diversify. For some, success comes thisquick while others take a bit more time to bloom where they are planted. Relative lang naman yan. For people who chose the mainstream, it's much easier to progress because people have gone down that road before and we've all seen how it's done. But for people who chose the alternative and have to go through the thick of the forest without a compass, "success" takes a bit longer. It doesn't mean you're inadequate, it's just how life goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe that's it, it hasn't happened yet, which made me feel inadequate even though I'm not. Thanks, Lea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, salamat, Iam. =) Ikaw pa. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss you too, Ting! I like that verse. Thanks a lot! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, it does. Happy force, yes yes. Miss you too, Pom! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, this makes sense. Late bloomer lang ako. =) Thanks, Tricia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my comment, add a comment daw e. dont compare, you are your own universe. you have a different definition of success, happiness. problema lang pag may mga taong kupal who say so, pero that makes them kupal in my book. o siya, i have a universe of my own to attend to pa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that. Thanks, Betty. And welcome to Multiply! =)

    ReplyDelete