Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Getting ready to be "Tartuffified" for the last time.

Okay, so I spent the long weekend rehearsing for Tartuffe, because tomorrow is already showtime. It's been a really crazy week, what with a lot of things seeming to me as if they were done at the last minute. I never saw a rehearsal where everyone was present, except the day of our pictorial. Sana pala araw-araw may pictorial para lahat present. Oh well.

Got to see some of the costumes during last Saturday's "non-rehearsal." Yes, I call it that because the time we were supposed to be using as rehearsal was spent for setup. So we mostly just hung around at the black box theater, eating, talking, goofing around and camwhoring. I love love love my skirt! I wish I could keep it, hahaha. Thesis ladies, can I? Oh please oh please oh please! So anyway, I only got to try out the skirt with the petticoat, as they had said that the top was not yet finished. Oh well. So I tried it on, and went to the stage. Yikes, big time adjustment with the full skirt and the loveseat. Then Jojo added a hand prop for Elmire at the last minute. Uh-oh, that wasn't rehearsed, dearie. Big no-no. But even though I said that, I couldn't really turn diva, could I? Go with the hand prop and get used to it right away. Oh well.

Hahaha, I found out that day that Jay also happened to be Tito Jaime's nephew! So that was the uncle that he mentioned who had this huge collection of theater videos. Yes, Tito Jaime, I guess it does run in the family.

Got to watch The Golden Child that evening with Rosa. My golly banana, I loved every minute of it. The cast was outstanding! And I love how they made the set. I hope I could still get to watch the Filipino version.

My mom didn't warn me before Sunday that we were to have anti-pneumonia shots at church that very morning. So my upper left arm was pretty sore the entire day. Well, better than feeling feverish. My arm sort of felt totally useless and just hung there, because if I make a slight movement... ouch.

Last 2 rehearsals of Tartuffe were held at Makati Cinema Square, where Barbie lives. Met up with Lara at Greenbelt and decided to walk all the way to MCS. But by the time we reached Pasay Road, we ended up taking a jeep instead, hahaha. Found Dingdong and Jay at Chowking, and we all walked together to Barbie's unit. Rehearsals were on the second floor, the huge open area near the pool, and we managed to run the entire play despite my useless arm.

Call time for today was supposed to be at 9am, but at around past 1 in the morning, we get text messages saying that our rehearsal was moved to 1pm. Arg... I had planned out my entire afternoon around rehearsals, and they can't just reschedule like that on a whim. Oh well. Met up with Dingdong at Starbucks PeopleSupport so we can walk to the venue together. Haha, it felt like a long walk when we did so from MCS to PeopleSupport with Lara the night before, but these were the kind of walks I enjoy because of the time to talk with each other.

It was pretty sunny that very afternoon, so we ended up rehearsing in the shady area leading to the pool. This was the only rehearsal that I felt much better with the play. Well, we should be, as the show is already tomorrow. Haha, John and I are finally a team. I know how to use my last-minute prop. And I could actually get around Jay's mixed-up lines, hahaha!

OK, fine, to those who are interested... in other words, who have nothing better to do, hahaha, please come and watch Tartuffe, August 19th (Tuesday) at 1pm and 6pm at the Black Box Theater, 6th floor, SDA building, College of Saint Benilde.

Tickets are at P150 each.

Tartuffe is a thesis production by Production Design majors: Camille Mercado, Rianna Gatus, Nina Garcia, Rachelle "Pangga" Go, and Renzelle "Barbie" Tinoy.
Direction by Jojo Flores and Joey Remetio.
Lighting Design by Zard Eguia.

CAST:
John Baliza as Tartuffe
Jay Arguelles as Orgon
Grace Sevilla as Madame Pernelle
Hogi Cadlum as Elmire
Lara Tarranco as Dorine
Dingdong Novenario as Damis
D Weber as Cleante
Keren Ozamiz as Mariane
Darwin Alvoir as Valere
Vaughn Calimag as Monsieur Loyal
Louie Lam as The Officer

Anyway, time to get some sleep. Early call time tomorrow. Break a leg to everyone involved in Tartuffe!

4 comments: