Monday, August 11, 2008

Sunday with Betty.

Yesterday, Betty and I had planned to watch The Golden Child, in hopes that we can manage to squeeze in. That, and I wanted to get rid of the monotony of these past couple of weeks. Classes have been pretty mechanical, and rehearsals... well, you guys already know my sentiments there. Heck, during one "non-rehearsal" the week before, Lara, Dingdong and I headed to Starbucks and talked the night away, discussing how we would go about the play. Well, to cool our heads, we ended talking about anything under the sun. Funny moment was when we found Jay outside, and when we all turned to wave at him as he was about to enter with his girlfriend, he suddenly boomeranged and followed his girlfriend away from Starbucks.

Anyway, found out through Paolo that yesterday's matinee show was a pre-sold show, but I still went to CCP to check out the Cinderella crowd. I was supposed to buy a souvenir program then, but Kiwi said that they were already out of programs that week. Oh well, maybe next week when I really watch The Golden Child, hahaha.

Headed to Jollibee for lunch after checking out a couple of the current exhibits in the CCP galleries, and as I waited impatiently for my Nacho Overload to arrive, I listened to Betty's latest... "dot, dot, dot," hahahaha! Eventually, we impulsively decided to watch a movie instead. Hopped in a cab and went to Robinson's Place Manila, and I suggested we watch Mamma Mia!. We had joked the day before that it was our "mother-daughter day," so the film's title was pretty apt. Plus, it's a musical consisting of my favorite songs that I used to sing along with those old cassette tape players, ahehehe. Bought tickets first, then went window shopping, until we finally settled into just hanging out at Cheesecake Melliza (yum!) right across the cinema, and talked about her new brainchild, which is... all still in her head, ahehehe.

Hahaha, I couldn't help but laugh out loud when I noticed that the lyrics to every song was subtitled during the entire movie. My mom would love this, hahaha. But it annoyed me that the girl behind me was singing almost every song out loud. Oh well, to each his own. I only realized after the movie that the girl playing Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) was also the ditzy Karen in Mean Girls, hahaha. And Pierce Brosnan's singing... well, he's alright. He's hot, yeah, but I didn't really enjoy watching him as a musical type, ahehehe. Oh well. But I love the entire Greek villa. I'd love to stay in a place like that. And of course, Meryl Streep is always spectacular. I love her as Donna. Hehehe, as soon as the movie was over, Betty suddenly had last song syndromes. Heck, almost everyone did. I heard at least a couple of girls singing and humming the songs when I was in the ladies room.

All in all, had a blast hanging out with Betty again. Good luck on your next project!

12 comments:

  1. mamma mia pala ang ending mo kahapon...hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahahaha, oo nga eh. Next week na lang ang Golden Child. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kasi naman, sing-along version ang napanood mo, and people are encouraged to sing along. =P hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, OK na sana if the girl behind me wasn't the only one singing. It sounded... well, unpleasant, hahaha. It didn't help that she kept talking pa the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahaha.... sad naman, mag-isang kumakanta. The talking would bug me, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would've joined in on her singing if she would've shut up in between the songs, wahahahahahaha. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What?! I would understand if you watch the film here in HK (although it's not out here yet) but in Manila? Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, reminds me of the sing-along version of Rent that was shown in Greenbelt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nasa CCP lang din kami ni Mia buong hapon, nanunuod ng Eiga Sai. Naka tatlong movies pa kami. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ay! Eiga Sai na pala?!? Sayang, sana pala yun na lang pinanood namin, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yahoo! Sa wakas, nasa Multiply ka na! =)

    ReplyDelete