Friday, October 17, 2008

Bonding time with Nix.

It's been quite a while since I last hung out with Nikki, and yesterday in ATC was the perfect opportunity to do so. I was pretty grateful that she doesn't have training in PAL for about a week so we can just bum around.

Nix is actually one of the first few people outside my clique that I can really be myself with. I had never thought I'd be this close with someone I had worked with. When I had said that after our first production together, there would be a pretty slim chance of getting together again, she was the first person who had reacted. Due to our close bond, we've become inseparable years after my thesis days. When I stopped visiting Taft a few years ago, we still made an effort to see each other or talk on the phone til the wee hours of morning. She taught me to be more open-minded, to be more transparent, and of course, to maintain the sanity of my crazy self.

We can talk for hours talking about anything under the sun, from the most profound topics to the most mundane. And that's what we did the entire time yesterday. Seriously, Nikki is the only person I know who can possibly think of crazy questions like "Paano kaya pag square ang mga gulong ng mga sasakyan?" and really be serious about it. And not only that, she'd even analyze its possibilities (or lack of it). And no matter where we sit or stand, she never loses her poise. Nikki is the type of girl whose elbows always get in the way of your immediate space, and always has her pinky up. Hahahaha! I would support her crazy taste in well, everything (haha, just to be safe), and she'd support my indulgence in my eccentricities. So anyway, we spent the day going around the mall, eating, talking and a little bit of shopping. Typical girl bonding, hahaha.

That was an afternoon well spent.

Ooh, I didn't get to watch Leo's short that featured Nicco and Martha. Can't wait for the 25th to check it out. Hopefully I can make it in time after my EM stint in Makati.

4 comments: