Saturday, October 25, 2008

Learning how to bookbind.

Yay, a new craft! Hahaha. I was making a scrapbook this past week, but I didn't really want to spend too much on the actual scrapbook, so I decided to make everything from scratch. But as I kept on working on the pages, I still didn't know how to bind everything together nicely.

Then I remembered a couple of years ago that I saw a link from an LJ friend's blog that gives a step-by-step tutorial, so I had to search her blog for that link, hahaha. Thanks for keeping tags, Angela!

So I learned how to divide the pages into signatures, then sewed all of the signatures together before I had to glue the spine and create a simple cover.

A few pieces of paper folded together...


...transformed into a small nicely-bound scrapbook, yay.


Maybe I could turn this into a hobby. I really enjoyed putting it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment