Wednesday, October 29, 2008

1st college semester meme.

Grabbed from Martha.

Instructions: Think back to your first semester in college. Let's see how much you remember and how much you regret.

(Out of boredom, I'll answer for both 1st semester of my two schools, hahaha.)

What section were you?
UST: ID 1-1
CSB: GG7
 
Who were your seatmates?
UST: It was usually either Kaye or Nine.
CSB: RA and Jops.
 
Still remember your English teacher?
UST: I forgot, but it was this old guy that sounded like Elvis when he talked.
CSB: I forgot his name too, but my PHILIEN teacher usually spoke with a weird English accent and wore a toupee that didn't match his real hair.

What was your first class?
UST: Graphics at 7am
CSB: Algeb at... 8am?

Best friends?
UST: Fran, Jill and Clarz were my closest friends.
CSB: My best friend Rosa was right across the street. Usually I'm with RA and JP.

How was your class schedule?
UST: So-so. My only qualm was Mondays because of the 7am class and no break until 5 in the afternoon. Yes, literally no break. My schedule on that day was 7 to 12 then 12 to 5.
CSB: Pretty good. I get huge breaks on MWF, hahaha. So I use that time to cross the street to DLSU and hang out with Rosa.

Made any enemies?
UST: None. I was too much of an introvert that I hardly talked to anyone enough to make enemies, hahaha.
CSB: None din, I guess. I was too nice when I started out, ahehe.

Who was your favorite teacher/s?
UST: None. I despised them all.
CSB: Sir Beni.

Sport?
UST: Ballroom dancing in PE!
CSB: I didn't have PE during my first term.

Back then, do you always buy your lunch?
UST: Yep. I stayed in a dorm where there was no food, so we all had to go out to buy. My bunkmate (our room is composed of 6 bunkbeds, so 12 girls stayed in the room) used to frequent Goldilocks because it's the closest.
CSB: Yep. Pao-tsin ang pinaka sikat!
 
Were you a party animal?
UST: Nope. Sobrang introvert nga eh.
CSB: Nope, but I think people thought so.
 
Were you well known in your school?
UST: Nah, takot lang silang lumapit sakin because I looked like I didn't feel like talking to anyone outside my clique.
CSB: No rin, because I was too eccentric naman daw, haha.
 
Did you get suspended/expelled?
UST: Nope.
CSB: Nope.
 
Can you sing the alma mater?
UST: Never learned it.
CSB: I've been a Lasallian since birth, of course!
 
What was your favorite subject?
UST: Design fundamentals.
CSB: Philien (Philippine Literature in English).

What was your school's full name?
UST: University of Santo Tomas
CSB: Back then it was De La Salle University - College of Saint Benilde.
 
Where did you go most often during breaks?
UST: To my dorm to sleep, to try out new food in the other streets, or to Robinson's Place.
CSB: To the library, Rosa's building in DLSU, her condo, my cousin's condo...

What color of pen do you always use?
UST: Black technical pens. I often used them in notes as well.
CSB: Black

Recited often?
UST: Nope.
CSB: Yes.
 
Ever cheated?
UST: Yep.
CSB: Yep.

Do you bring your own paper and pen?/
UST: Pen, yes. Paper, I always had to sneak out of the room to get paper, along with everyone else, hahaha.
CSB: Yes, girl scout kuno ako, haha.
 
Are you in the top ten of your class/es?
UST: I doubt it.
CSB: I had no idea.

Favorite things to do in class?
UST: Doodle. Pass notes with Jill. Write notes when I'm actually listening, especially in Art history.
CSB: Doodle.
 
Classmates you didn't like?
UST: I hardly knew anyone outside my clique enough to not like them.
CSB: *shrug*
 
Subjects with highest grade?
UST: Forgot.
CSB: It was either Philien or Bibstud.

Lowest?
UST: Graphics.
CSB: Algeb.

Ever had a crush? Who?
UST: None. I had a boyfriend back then, though.
CSB: Yes, ahehehe. My seatmate in Bibstud class that used to be in Philippine Idol, hehehe. Yes, him.
 
What's your theme song for him/her?
UST: None. Corny ko, haha.
CSB: I don't have any but I do recall what he sang in class. Quandary from Trumpets' Little Mermaid.

Which of your classes was he/she in?
UST: Wala. He was still in Zobel. Nyahahay!
CSB: Bibstud nga eh.
 
Fave events in 1st sem?  
UST: I never went to any events.
CSB: Did I see any then?
 
What are your favorite classrooms?   
UST: That corner room in the 5th floor. Plus the one in the 4th floor where we took our Philippine Art History midterms. I forgot.
CSB: D405? I forgot, basta it's somewhere there.

Do you sleep in class?
UST: Never tried.
CSB: Nope. That was the study area was for.
 
Ever thought of burning your school?
UST: Nah.
CSB: Nah.
 
Ever messed with a prof?
UST: Nope.
CSB: Nah, I was very polite this term.
 
What do you miss most in your 1st sem?
UST: My clique. Hanging out at "Hard Rock," that huge piece of rock outside our building.
CSB: The original block.
 
If you could go back in time and do it all over, would you?
UST: No way.
CSB: Ditto.
 
Favorite PE?
UST: Dance.
CSB: I didn't have PE this term.
 
Where do you spot the hot girls in your school? 
UST: Why would I want to spot the hot girls?
CSB: Same question applies here. Ask my blockmates.
 
Ever gone on a field trip?
UST: Nope.
CSB: I took my blockmates to a play by Rep called Murder for Rent. They had to do a paper on it for their Aesthet class, which I didn't have.
 
Org?
UST: None. Though Frances was inviting me to with her to join Teatro Tomasino.
CSB: Let was recruiting me for YFC-CSB as one of it's first members.
 
Dorm, boarding house or your home?
UST: Dorm.
CSB: Went home.
 
If you had your way, what was your dream course/major?
UST: Maybe I would've pushed a little more and took up Painting or Advertising. Painting, preferably.
CSB: Same same.
 
First ever person you knew?
UST: I met Farrah during enrollment. Kaye on the supposed first day (which got suspended).
CSB: RA.
 
First play you ever watched?
UST: Shoot, I never got to watch a play then.
CSB: Before the term started, it was Rep's Kiss of The Spiderwoman, starring Tita Menchu. Then there was Murder for Rent.

Ever been recruited by a frat or sorority?
UST: Nope.
CSB: Nope.
 
Is it fun in your school?
UST: I only enjoyed learning how to draw and being with my clique.
CSB: Yes! I felt back home in a Lasallian environment.
 
Ever gone rallying?
UST: Nope.
CSB: Nope.
 
Did you ever dream of having latin honors for your first sem?
UST: Nope.
CSB: Nope, walang ganyan eh.
 
If you weren't studying in your present school now, where would you go?  
My cousin Val was trying to get me into UCLA or USC. If I really had my way, I would've gone to either school or Cornish College in Seattle.

What do you remember most about 1st sem?
UST: Ang hirit ni Fran na "Depende sa genes." HAHAHAHA! The corner of the library where we saw something used, hehe. Free rides with Wonmi on Saturdays.
CSB: The crazy block. Visiting Velasco Hall at least once a week. Parking in the back while waiting for Aris and Gonx. Ice skating on course card day.

1 comment: