Sunday, November 2, 2008

A short film on Halloween.

Mandy had once YM-ed me several weeks ago, asking if I could act for this short film Sir Gabby wrote. Apparently this was the same short film that Drei had mentioned before, where he would be the DOP. So I said yes, and Mandy immediately sent me a soft copy of the script. Hahaha, my character gets killed off in the stupidest way. What a coincidence, I'm accident prone, hahaha.

Anyway, Friday was the day of the shoot. Since the story takes place at a Catholic school, our location was at Elizabeth Seton, which is pretty walkable from my house. I was already a third of the way there when Drei pulled up in his car. By the time we had arrived at Seton, the crew was already there. Waited for Mandy and the rest before we went inside the campus. Drei and Kat went off for a while to search for a good classroom for the classroom scenes.

A couple of AUVs arrived a little later, with at least 20 little girls (who will play the students, duh) their chaperones, and breakfast, yay. Costumes were distributed as well as food as the crew set up inside one of the grade school classrooms, then a couple of prod girls in the crew made a sort of assembly line for the kids' makeup.

Anj and I (playing teachers) spent a good deal of waiting until the afternoon, while Drei (Andrea, so I'll call her Drei-girl, as there are 2 Dreis in this project, hahaha) and the girls were filming the classroom scenes. By the way, Rosa, your 6th Harry Potter book makes a cameo in this film, hahaha. I would've opted to stay home until they needed me, but I hated walking in the rain, as it kept raining from time to time. At least the food perked me up, hehe.

I was already in costume the entire time, but because the mosquitoes were feasting on my legs, I also had my jeans underneath my skirt. Whenever they would call me to shoot a scene, I had to remove the jeans and slip on my loafers (which I hated), then they would call me back and say that they won't shoot that scene yet. Rawr, jeans on again. Grumpers mode in check, though. By the time I had to shoot a scene with the kids, I managed to provide a little comic relief in contrast to the 3 other characters to perk things up a little. After a while, the rest of day had scenes with the teachers and nuns outside the classroom, so we had to move to the auditorium and a conference room for these.

The last sequence shot in the school were scenes of Drei-girl and me in the chapel, and to my relief there were less mosquitoes there, hahaha. After that, we packed up and headed off to a house owned by Cherie's relatives (in-laws, I think, but I forgot) for the scenes between Miss Roman and Mister Roman (played by Drei-guy). Everyone picked their own spots in the chairs, couches and sofas to relax (a LOT) while we ordered a lot of pizza, and a bunch of us ended up dozing off. I immediately woke up when I heard that the pizza had arrived, hahaha. Drei-girl had doubled over on the first sofa she saw because of her dismenorrhea, and fell asleep, so we shot the solo Mister Roman scenes first. We were also supposed to shoot one of my pivotal scenes then, but when it got pretty late, they all decided to shoot it on our second day (whenever that will be) at the other location. I was so relieved for that one, hahaha. I had another film to shoot the following day.

14 comments:

  1. You know you're in theater when the mere mention of food perks you up even if you're dead-tired. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, di lang naman sa teatro eh. It's human nature. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya Vaughn! Thanks, hehe. Miss na kita! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading those "you know you're in theater when" quotes far too much, methinks. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Artista ka na! Can I have your autograph? Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm serious! Tapos pag super sikat ka na, ibebenta ko sa ebay. Wehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yaaak, yoko maging sikat no, hahaha. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. never got to thank you again.. so, here it goes. Thank You for waiting and keeping me and angeli sane. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, no problem. Masaya naman eh, so thank you din. =) Panalo ka na madre na may magandang eye shadow, hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete