Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cramming another film.

Hahaha, cramming is the perfect word. Dohna wanted to enter a short film for some Neil Gaiman contest. It was a spur-of-the-moment decision, and she asked me to be one of her actors. She messaged me on Thursday (I think, as it was during the wee hours of morning), and the deadline for submission was on November 5th. Nyahahay. So we held a one-day shoot in UP yesterday, November 1st.

Another early call time, this time in Quezon City. Rawr. I was still sleepy from the day before, that I dozed off in the FX and totally missed my stop, hahaha. Had to take a jeep back to Philcoa, where I was supposed to meet Dohna. Thank goodness it was still early, so she wasn't there yet. She had arrived with JT a few minutes after I did, and because we were still waiting for Bambam (the other actor), we had a little breakfast at Jollibee. One little problem was that the skies were pretty cloudy, and we needed all the daylight we can get, rawr.

Leo and KZ were part of our crew (as DOP and editor, respectively), but because they had a Shake, Rattle and Roll marathon the night before with Dohna at Ayn's house, they were still asleep. We also needed a pair of suspenders for Bambam's character, so we had to borrow one from Ayn. Off to Ayn's we go then. Hahaha, we had to wait for them to wake up. Dropped KZ off so she can catch some more Zzz's, while the rest of us headed for the film center.

First sequences were shot at the track oval. By the time we started filming, it started to drizzle. Eep. Thank goodness JT had 3 umbrellas in his car. I was wearing a short skirt for this shoot, but thank goodness the mosquitoes were behaving perfectly and didn't bother me at all during the entire morning.

Quick stop at Rodic's for takeout food, and had lunch at Dohna's. Hahaha, even if we didn't buy food, Dohna's mom had chopsuey and spaghetti ready. I didn't take off my clownish makeup because of the continuity, ahehehe. That, and I was too lazy to put everything back on.

Shoot resumed at the playground, where KZ managed to catch up after finally waking up. Hahaha, some local kids passed by and checked us out, and that was when we all noticed that Leo's impersonation of those spectator kids while watching a shoot was right on the nose. Anyway, it didn't really bother me much. What bothered and annoyed me were the ants that kept biting, argh! I was wearing my sneakers with my skirt, but the ants kept coming. Rawr.

Thank goodness that as the shoot progressed, my character's makeup changed, so I just had to erase everything bit by bit. Hahaha, while that was happening in the film, Bambam increasingly had to have the same makeup I had in the beginning, nyahaha. And as the shoot progressed, so did Leo's cold, as well as JT's friendship with a stray cat that we met at the playground. Hahahaha, it followed each one of us the whole time we were there, and even followed us as our car left.

Final sequences were back at the track oval, where we were rapidly losing light as the sun was beginning to set. By the time we were about to shoot the very last one, the sun was totally gone, as well as the camera's battery (for the 3rd time). Final battery charging and final scene at the Bahay ng Alumni, where we also pigged out on that huge jar of Cheese Balls Dohna had brought. Finally wrapped up and had dinner at Chowking before we all headed home.

Dohna, share tayong lahat pag nanalo ka, hahahaha.

2 comments: