Thursday, November 20, 2008

Missing the singing voice (kung meron nga, hahaha).

Typing in this in my brother's work laptop. Thank goodness we had set up his router on the first morning after their arrival. Hahaha, so he can work here at home, and Ate Maui can surf to her heart's content using her own laptop as I waste all my time on the Internet with my own PC. Still hoping I'll inherit Kuya's laptop before he leaves, hehehe.

Anyway, Kuya, Ate Maui and I went to David's music school this evening. David had called the day before to invite us to one of their choir rehearsals so we can check out the current repertoire they're working on for the wedding. So after our family had gone out to dinner, we just waited for the time then the three of us headed to the venue. It was fairly smaller than the old place, and the choir was crowded around the small main area.

I loved listening to the choir. Though I can't help but agree with Kuya and Ate Maui that there's something missing in their sound that night. Well, maybe it's because they weren't complete, as David had said before their rehearsal began.

David had once mentioned that he and Patrick (my voice teacher last year) were thinking of inviting me to join the choir. Dave asked me again this evening, but I declined. As much as I wanted to join, I still don't think I can yet, as I had stopped my training.

I miss singing. I miss taking lessons. I actually liked the challenge of learning how to sight read for the first time because Patrick had said he wanted all his students to be sight readers. I want to go back to taking voice lessons, but I don't have sufficient funds to do so. Kuya, sponsor mo muna ang voice lessons ko, hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment