Friday, November 28, 2008

Learning and unlearning.

The title were the words that popped in my head when I was in the music studio yesterday.

So David had assigned himself as my new teacher. But when I arrived early at the studio, Patrick was the one there, so he was the one who vocalized me before Dave arrived. Ano ito, tag team ang mga teachers ko, hahaha.

So anyway, because I haven't gone back in ages, I was so out of shape. Dave was a different teacher than Patrick, and his loud tenor voice filled the room and most likely even the next unit. Parang mas soprano pa sila sakin right now, ahehe. So there we were, and during the entire hour (I think we even extended), I realized that I still had so many bad habits. I had shed them off for a while when I was taking lessons last year, but now they had returned. Arg.

I guess it's still like acting. Like Miss Tess had said on the very first day of our workshop, you have to learn then unlearn before you become a good actor. Learn new techniques and unlearn all those bad habits that you had picked up along the way. For some reason, I can open my mouth really wide when I'm acting, but when I'm singing, everything closes up. May hiya pa rin daw ako sa paglabas ng boses. But interestingly enough, even though Dave hated that I immediately went to falsetto, he actually liked the sound of it. Or did he? Hahaha. Dave, I know you're stalking my blog.

Wahaha, after the evening's lesson, Dave showed me all those packages that were for the world competition next year. In July. Oh my. Should I? (Hey, that rhymes, hahaha.)

2 comments:

  1. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't. Go go go, sago!

    Naks naman. Triple threat in the making na ba ito? Wahooo! Pa-autograph naman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, baka magkasabay sa Labfest eh. Gusto ko ulit sumali next year. Oh well.

    Triple-threat? Di ah. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete