Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Of "UCM," dressing room #9 and high school musicals (literally).

I was pretty surprised when an old friend from my high school production years messaged me in Multiply last night. It was so great to hear from Rhoda after all these years.

Rhoda and I were one of the few crazy girls that got pretty tight. Back in our Oliver days, we bummed in the mini-field with Pam and Tesa as we sang random songs loudly, fully unaware that the older people in the cast were watching us from the gate. We were the group that Sir Tony Espejo had yelled at with a microphone (oh, those were the days) when we were given vague instructions as to what to do. When we had moved into the Meralco Theater, there were 16 of us crammed into dressing room #9, but we never felt the least bit cramped (thanks to Lawyn's ability to fit under the table and create her own space). As we had put our makeup on, we had dubbed the "UCM," or "United Colors of Multo," as the other girls had called it.

Rhoda and I had ended up in the same dressing room with the other nuns for The Sound of Music 2 years later. I had started hanging out with the older people, yet I still proudly called her my "bespren," even though the other girls couldn't figure out why. So why? We had already established a crazy bond right from the very beginning, regardless of our differences.

So I spent the first couple of hours of today catching up with Rhoda, mostly about theater. Apparently, even though she took up and finished nursing, her heart wasn't into it, and wanted to get back into theater. Go go go, Rhoda dear, you can do it! Let's relive our high school musical days, haha. Ew.

Speaking of which, I finally got to watch High School Musical 3: Senior Year. It was... so-so, hahaha. But I love the choreography, though. Pretty sharp, and of course, my favorite would have to be "May I Have This Dance" because of the waltz. And those Fosse-inspired moves, hehe. And finally! Someone gave Sharpay a huge taste of her own medicine, hahaha. I still don't get her relationship with Gabriella, though. She hates her, then suddenly at the end of every movie, they're OK. Huh? By the way, how many seniors are there in East High? Hahaha. It looked like the entire school had graduated. And after 3 movies, there's finally a song called "High School Musical," hahahaha! Plus there goes another pseudo curtain call like they did in the first movie.

I still have to say that Ryan is still my favorite character. He seemed to be the most human, hehe, even though he just had to win that scholarship to Julliard.

Hahaha, I just had to include this. Found some of the Christmas Carol cast in Max's Greenbelt after I got out of the cinema. The quote for the day came from Raul, who said, "Hogi, when you have friends like us, you don't need enemies." Ah yes, I love it, hahahaha!

4 comments: